Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnuckleheadNinja)
    oh wow, you are my personal hero. Redox freaks me out and night before the exam? Not gunna lie, was panicking a little... thank you so much!
    what would i do without SR eh.
    Hey, no worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinkles)
    Do we need to know any experiments for this paper?
    Having an understanding of the MnO4- and the sodium thiosulphate titrations is useful I think, not sure about any other.

ReputationRep:
    Revision all night for me perhaps :bumps: :coma:

I HOPE the examiners don't give us an essay-based paper. They suppose to test us on our chemistry knowledge. I HATE those longer answer questions (worth a whole grade etc.)

Anyway, good luck with your exam tomorrow and any upcoming ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawasdee)
    Revision all night for me perhaps :bumps: :coma:

I HOPE the examiners don't give us an essay-based paper. They suppose to test us on our chemistry knowledge. I HATE those longer answer questions (worth a whole grade etc.)

Anyway, good luck with your exam tomorrow and any upcoming ones
    I think there will be 2 essay questions....one probably 7 marks and one 11....i saw the specimen paper and the essay question was 20 marks i was like WTFFFF LOOOL

ReputationRep:
    anyone help me with the questoin i posted at the top ^^^ I will love you if you could help me!!! i'm so stuck ..even though its simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    We need to know the uses aswell? oh my! i've asked for someone to post up the colours plenty of times and no one cares i have no idea what ones we need to know....
    here you go
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx transitionmetalreactions.docx (12.6 KB, 87 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susan23)
    I think there will be 2 essay questions....one probably 7 marks and one 11....i saw the specimen paper and the essay question was 20 marks i was like WTFFFF LOOOL
    Yeah the specimen paper scary 20marks loool, Thats an hint to get prepared for essay question

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    The site crashed HAHAHA too many people on it, I think

ReputationRep:
    so guys just want to get one thing straight.
    in any redox titration question, if it asks you to find the concentration of an oxidising agent - will you always have to multiply by 10 as it has been diluted . because theres some questions ive been through that ask you to find the concentration of Cu2+ (the oxidising agent) but you don't know whether they asking you to find the diluted or undiluted concentration - so in the question i done, without mentioning diluted or undiluted, they multiplied by 10 anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susan23)
    The most enjoyable question of the paper :sigh:
    Isn't it weird that what you hate the most always(or often) worth A LOT and can be a life-changing question --"

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got jan 2011 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elyn0601)
    has anyone got jan 2011 paper?
    Someone has posted a link to it on the first page..

ReputationRep:
    If anyone hasn't already visited this website and has incomplete notes:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/

LIFESAVER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julian_valensi)
    Hi,

I was wondering if others may be in the position where they feel they 'know' a sufficient amount, but are worried about this 'application' of science hinted at in the reports.

Does anyone have any interesting predictions of how information may be woven into an 'apllication' question tommorow?

(for instance the question on peroxide and hair in january)
    Yes, great shout bruv.
    That peroxide question was a Beatch, no?
    My fears were calmed a little when I re-read the question and found that they subtly give you hints, they kept talking about di sulphide bonds and showed a diagram of it, people can see it and hopefully apply it to the question.

In terms of guessing what 'application' of science questions can appear?
    OCR allocated 46 marks out of 100 to sheep, hedgehogs, humus and ladybirds in teh bio paper yesterday, no telling what they'll do tomorrow!
    I'm gonna wikipedia on titanium hip implants and mothballs just in case

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any useful processes for figuring out titration calculations? Like the evil Thiosulphate ones..

ReputationRep:
    Why does [Cu(H2O)6]2+ + HCl turn green first then yellow?

ReputationRep:
    It's a blue solution that turns yellow. In-between colour is green

ReputationRep:
    Green is just a mix of yellow and blue (original colour). Some people identify green as the final colour but its wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student777)
    It's a blue solution that turns yellow. In-between colour is green
    okay.. thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.