Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maniRB)
    I feel like crying. I just got 55 out of 100 on the June 2010 paper! Can someone please tell me what grade it is according to the grade boundaries for this paper? I can't find it anywhere! Please quote me! Thanks!
    You scraped a C, mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldlock)
    You scraped a C, mate
    FML! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    gold lock question:::

is the number of mols of carbon in CaC2 the same as the number of moles in 3C if the equation is :

CaO + 3C ----> CaC2 +CO

and n of Ca 1:1 ??

to find overall n of CaC2 can i add the number of mols together ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maniRB)
    FML! Thanks
    you're tired and probs made lots of careless mistakes!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd begin by writing down all of the reactants/products that you're given in the question, aside from any hydroxide ions, protons or H20 that you may well need to even things up - so, begin with saying that N02 + I- goes to I2 + NO
    Then, you need to work out which of these atoms change oxidation number, and balance those atmos that do (so, I goes from -1 to 0 so balance the number of iodines). That should set you on your way
    hi again, how did u know that NO was going to be a product?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzPx...eature=related

to cheer people up its gnna be a long night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey-hey-hey)
    hi again, how did u know that NO was going to be a product?
    They asked you that in the part just before this one, a colourless gas is produced with molar mass of 30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bambinooo)

is the number of mols of carbon in CaC2 the same as the number of moles in 3C if the equation is :

CaO + 3C ----> CaC2 +CO

please someone answer this question

ReputationRep:

CaO + 3C ----> CaC2 +CO

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking is this even on the spec?

ReputationRep:
    Off to bed now, will do a past paper tomorrow morning then hope for the best.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzPx...eature=related

to cheer people up its gnna be a long night!
    who is that? is that you?
    its rly good

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking is this even on the spec?
    i have no idea but i dont trust ocr so i'm covering all my bases ....in the specimen paper question 6 d) there was a question that asked us to do something similar to the question i asked in terms of using the mass of products to work out moles of elements in the product...! maybs im over thinking it .... thanks anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    who is that? is that you?
    its rly good
    hahah no i wish... watch this : his name's jake shimba something i think that was a cover though of jakes stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQXN...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous about tomorrow... half of the questions on the Jan 2011 paper were impossible to me and I havn't done any of the examination questions in the textbook and so that makes me feel uneasy.. I'm so scared Good luck everyone and just to confirm, it is at 1.30pm tomorrow right?

ReputationRep:
    hello late nighters

ReputationRep:
    They asked you that in the part just before this one, a colourless gas is produced with molar mass of 30
    ohh yeah ooooppsss!! :/ im tired
    thank you
    you're reeally helpful
    Thanks a bunch

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea but i dont trust ocr so i'm covering all my bases ....in the specimen paper question 6 d) there was a question that asked us to do something similar to the question i asked in terms of using the mass of products to work out moles of elements in the product...! maybs im over thinking it .... thanks anyway :P
    Oh right - yeah I don't trust 'em either, these *******s hold our chemistry grade in our hands eh :P
    but I can show how to do that question off the specimen paper if you want

ReputationRep:
    hahah no i wish... watch this : his name's jake shimba something i think that was a cover though of jakes stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQXN...eature=related
    Ahh thats good too,
    ahh im jealous i wish i could play that instrument, Ukalali? something aha i cant spell :/

ReputationRep:
    ohh yeah ooooppsss!! :/ im tired
    thank you
    you're reeally helpful
    Thanks a bunch
    happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Oh right - yeah I don't trust 'em either, these *******s hold our chemistry grade in our hands eh :P
    but I can show how to do that question off the specimen paper if you want
    yes please ....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.