Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gooooodluck guys!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it tetrahedral not trigonal planar?

Yes it is. I apologise. I'm looking over some AS notes in case something synoptic pops up.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Definition of a standard electrode potential?
    Is it the voltage obtained when a hydrogen half cell is connected to a standard fuel cell under standard conditions?

Advantages of fuel cells : More efficient than fossil fuels
    Does not produce and greenhouse gases

Disadvantages: The fuel cells have to be replaced as they have a short life span
    Can't think of another one Would one be that the hydrogen is difficult to store? ie it has to be adsorbed onto the surface of materials and liquified which is expensive to do?

ReputationRep:
    if you look at top of page 157 on heinemann book - the stretch and challenge bit

i understand that the energy released increases becauses the number of protons is also increasing but how would these 2 points link?

ReputationRep:
    Definition of a standard electrode potential?
    Is it the voltage obtained when a hydrogen half cell is connected to a standard fuel cell under standard conditions?
    Incorrect.
    The standard electrode potential is the EMF of a half cell compared to that of a standard Hydrogen half cell under standard conditions of 298k, 1Mol dm^-3 and a pressure of 1 bar.

ReputationRep:
    !!!!I thought it was easier
    Good luck lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissa-154)
    Doesn't it decrease in oxidation number from +7 in MnO4- to +2 in Mn2+ ? So it is reduced when it reacts with Fe2+ I think.
    Oh yeah I know what you mean but they gave the equation an overall charge of -ve. Thats what confuses me

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** I'm ****ed

ReputationRep:
    What percentage of copper did people get for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    Well....that was fun. Lost at least 15 marks just by not having time to do the bloody paper. Damn!

ReputationRep:
    That was bloody horrendous. I think that's the first time I've ever forgotten everything in an exam.

Looks like I'm off to Aber!

ReputationRep:
    wth that was so damn hard .. i got 60 summit as my % for last q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abloomfield)
    Around 33%

ReputationRep:
    i think i got around 16% on last queston

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peace345)
    wth that was so damn hard .. i got 60 summit as my % for last q
    I got 67.6.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Exam was hard, I didn't understand anything about a magic tang -.- I done the percentage of copper one wrong I think as my answer was 16%
    The long question on buffers was a complete guess, I guessed it was benzoic acid(no idea if it is or isn't). I have no idea how pKa relates to pH.

Overall, there was plenty of good questions which I could answer, but I highly doubt I got more than a C grade

ReputationRep:
    I got 67.6% too! Which should be roughly right, as there is always a high percentage of Copper in bronze.
    I used Methanoic acid and sodium methanoate for magic tang and found the ph using the Kc buffer eqn.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've failed... I can't face my family and tell them. I really don't know what to do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abloomfield)
    67.6 % ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medifield)
    I think I've failed... I can't face my family and tell them. I really don't know what to do now.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I dont think i've even got an Eand i tried so hard in revision but my mind went blank in the exam.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.