Turn on thread page Beta

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam. watch

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who wants to hide in a corner and cry myself to death!

ReputationRep:
    brass n. A yellowish alloy of copper and zinc, sometimes including small amounts of other metals, but usually 67 percent copper and 33 percent zinc.

I GOT 33% SOMETHING. KILL ME

ReputationRep:
    For delta G, I got 471 or something and said a reaction wouldn't happen spontaneously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teva)
    i got -108 or something similar...
    i also got -108 therefore reaction was feasible
    That exam was a complete cluster**** in every sense :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inam_ayaz)
    That paper was disgusting...missed around 30 marks wat bout evry 1 else??
    dropped 30? :eek: I think I've just about got about 30 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RodrigoB)
    brass n. A yellowish alloy of copper and zinc, sometimes including small amounts of other metals, but usually 67 percent copper and 33 percent zinc.

I also got 33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sceaga)
    that sounds ok , I used acetic acid and got 16:1
    acetic acid is ethanoic acid lol

but i realised i square rooted something along the way which is wrong, so you are probably right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissa-154)
    3x10^-3 s^-1

I have no idea whether it's right or not.
    Yay! That's what I got too. Gradient of tangent at t=0/ 0.01

ReputationRep:
    For the ice melting thing, I put entropy positive, enthalpy negative, and then changed enthalpy to positive as it's endothermic? Anyone else get this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruby321)
    Was I the only one who was actually ok for time? I even had 15 mins left...
    Though since everyone is saying they ran out of time it makes me think I've missed something out or did it all wrong
    I chose any acid for the buffer question... I did benzoic acid and got the ratio as 0.23
    I swear I got that whole question wrong but I accepted that I would loose a few marks here and there.
    I definitely need an A I just can't miss my grades, I actually don't know what I'll do if it happens
    same, my med offer is gone but i can't even think about it because theres nothing i want to do more. this paper was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_s9)
    I had 10 minute for last Q. said when sodiumcarbonate is added to nutralise acid. i did HNO3 + NA2CO3 for step 2
    but later in step 4 using the same solution they had Copper Iodide :/ don't know where that came from. Thats a gurantee my step 2 is wrong
    ha I got confused right there

but then they gave us the products CUI and I2

so I just made up an equation from that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

=FLOP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heatheroink123)
    For the ice melting thing, I put entropy positive, enthalpy negative, and then changed enthalpy to positive as it's endothermic? Anyone else get this?
    I did too That paper was outrageously hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heatheroink123)
    I put enthalpy positive cos its endothermic and entropy negative as solid to liquid is more disordered. Am i right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susan23)
    Agreed. It was the hardest exam I've ever faced by a large margin. I'm very concerned that I won't get into university this year....

I got 6.7 ---> I didn't x10 and I feel like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chjw)
    you were given delta G
    Yeah I know, I got confused but I figured Delta S doesn't change as it's always the same reaction and thought Rearranging T = Delta H/Delta S was easier than rearranging the whole other one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student21)
    i put enthalpy positive cos its endothermic and entropy negative as solid to liquid is more disordered. Am i right?
    exactly what i put
    f***k yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susan23)
    nope your definitely not
    i'll be suprised if I get a gradehahaha

ReputationRep:

Haha, I got 33% too, fiddled with the numbers and ended up with that. I'm so depressed, and F324 resit is gonna finish me off.

ReputationRep:
    I actually couldnt do the majority of the paper!! I coundlt even do the buffer question1?!??! i dont why it just didnt make any sense?!?! I cudnt do the last question either?!?!? everything about that paper was so ****ed up ...i cudnt do the 3D structure properly...WT ...I dont understand...I revised so much and now I **** it all up....and there were like 4 -9 marker questions...I;ve probably lost 50+ marks...I actually feel like **** now...I seriuosly hope the grade boundaries are REALLY LOW im sorry I dont want 60/100 to be an A I want atleast 40/100 to be an A because that exam was so unfair..well half of it was unfair...CUDNt do ****ing ionic equations....stupid half equations...and they waffle so much...I dont give a **** if you want to make TANGY SWEeTS!¬!! I just want to do the work that was set in my BOOK not your ****ing imagination OCR!"!!! everyone should write emails to OCR...seriously..even if you FOUDN it Ok...because u dont know....!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get around 5x10^-3 s^-1 for the rate?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.