Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If a friend did something wrong and everyone else paid for it, would you grass them up or accept the punishment?
    If you would grass up, would you tell the friend that you did or keep it secret?

ReputationRep:
    No.

I went to a boarding school when snitches were looked down upon.

And you're not really much of a friend if you can't keep secrets.

I'd only tell somebody if it was serious, such as an actual crime not stealing a cola bottle sweet from tesco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louzilla)
    If a friend did something wrong and everyone else paid for it, would you grass them up or accept the punishment?
    If you would grass up, would you tell the friend that you did or keep it secret?
    Tell your friend to come forward... and let them know you're not willing to accept punishment for their actions.

Give them a chance to own up, but if they don't, yeah, grass the crap out of them.

ReputationRep:
    No. Never. Unless they liked....stabbed my nan or something. I need context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    No. Never. Unless they liked....stabbed my nan or something. I need context.
    What if your nan deserved it?

Would you grass then?

Context provided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    Tell your friend to come forward... and let them know you're not willing to accept punishment for their actions.

Give them a chance to own up, but if they don't, yeah, grass the crap out of them.
    I feel bad because I did grass. Last time the same thing happened another friend got blamed, and she had nothing to do with it. I didn't want the friend to be blamed because then it just caused crap between a lot of people.
    But apparently the friend is now upset so I feel really bad. And I don't usually grass but because it's happened before I'd had enough. :/

Depends on the situation. If it was something that had major implications such as prison time then yes I would grass them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiee)
    What if your nan deserved it?

Would you grass then?

Context provided.
    Hmmm. What would she have done to deserve a stabbing - my nans pretty sound. Elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I tend to gravel them up myself. Never been a fan of grass really

ReputationRep:
    Depends what it is. If it was something bad, i'd go to my friend and say it's not fair a real friend wouldn't make everyone else suffer for it. If it's something trivial then i'd just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody hates a snitch.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.