Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Providing they operated in your area would you give them your junk items?

Some just came down my street with a small dirty looking horse pulling a cart piled high with washing machines, freezers and other metal items. Not only do they have to pull this but the men themselves often sit on them with one pulling it along.

The horses walk so slow and often look old and tired, I have no idea how the RSPCA allow the horses to remain in this condition.

What's you opinion on rag and bone men? (if any)

ReputationRep:
    I hate 'em.

If you don't let them have something they just come back later and pinch it.

It's normal around here.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. This is rather confirming all the stereotypes about the North of England...

I've never seen or heard of such a thing outside of old books and stories from my grandfather. The nearest thing I've come across is those charity collection bags which get posted through letterboxes which seem increasingly not to be for anything charitable. Do they just take any old junk?

As for the horses: horses are amazing at pulling heavy loads and have been used that way for thousands of years. I really don't think it's a problem.

ReputationRep:
    One of my parents friends left his washing machine outside temporarily while he was cleaning his garage, and they came along and nabbed it. :awesome:

No horses are used around here though, as far as I know anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.