Turn on thread page Beta

In Trouble!!! English Literature AQA B coursework Help Needed Please?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Im Doing English Lit aqa b privately and the course materials for the coursework ive got are not only bad but now i can't find them and they wont replace them because they say your only allowed them once! WTF! so now im in a bad position.

So i was wondering if there are any AQA B English Lit students who would be willing to tell me what their Coursework questions are? And books there doing. I dont want anymore information than that though, none of your work, just the questions given you by the board or teachers.

Ive still got my AS questions as im doing the full alevel in one year But as my course's suck any alternative questions for AS could be helpful aswell...Thankyou so much to any helpers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seb.hope)
    Hi Im Doing English Lit aqa b privately and the course materials for the coursework ive got are not only bad but now i can't find them and they wont replace them because they say your only allowed them once! WTF! so now im in a bad position.

So i was wondering if there are any AQA B English Lit students who would be willing to tell me what their Coursework questions are? And books there doing. I dont want anymore information than that though, none of your work, just the questions given you by the board or teachers.

Ive still got my AS questions as im doing the full alevel in one year But as my course's suck any alternative questions for AS could be helpful aswell...Thankyou so much to any helpers
    A2?
    You need to do two questions; one comparative essay and one independent reading text

For my comparative essay - I did Rebecca and Murder on the Orient Express. my question was "to what extent do du maurier and christie construct societies in which justice is directly related to social status"

for my independent research, I'm doing a play and talking about feminism within the play by using the critical anthology! Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    A2?
    You need to do two questions; one comparative essay and one independent reading text

For my comparative essay - I did Rebecca and Murder on the Orient Express. my question was "to what extent do du maurier and christie construct societies in which justice is directly related to social status"

for my independent research, I'm doing a play and talking about feminism within the play by using the critical anthology! Hope that helps
    Hey thanks for the reply! But what specification are you doing, e.g AQA B???

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA B, and you have to do, like the first reply said, a comparative essay and an essay based on one of the critical anthology articles.
    Mine, for example, were
    'The glittering social worlds of Brideshead Revisited and The Great Gatsby retain their sense of allure even when their deficiencies are exposed' To what extent do you agree?
    (I think. Wording might be a bit out)

and then
    'How useful is a Feminist interpretation of Charles Perrault's 'The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood''?

So I don't think 'lists of questions' as such reallllly exist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    I'm doing AQA B, and you have to do, like the first reply said, a comparative essay and an essay based on one of the critical anthology articles.
    Mine, for example, were
    'The glittering social worlds of Brideshead Revisited and The Great Gatsby retain their sense of allure even when their deficiencies are exposed' To what extent do you agree?
    (I think. Wording might be a bit out)

and then
    'How useful is a Feminist interpretation of Charles Perrault's 'The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood''?

So I don't think 'lists of questions' as such reallllly exist...
    Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah i think ive got a good grasp of question styles to do. But what exactly is a critcal anthology article?? my course really is useless! is the sleeping beauty in the woods a version of one? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seb.hope)
    Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah i think ive got a good grasp of question styles to do. But what exactly is a critcal anthology article?? my course really is useless! is the sleeping beauty in the woods a version of one? Thanks.
    no, it isn't. there is a critical anthology which is a set text for the course, it includes articles on (I think): Feminist and Marxist interpretations of literature, Metaphor, Allegory and Imagery in literature, and ideas of value and the canon of literature. You basically have to write about another text, based on the ideas presented in one of these arguments. I think it has to be an argument, presenting your POV, although someone might know differently, I'm not too sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    no, it isn't. there is a critical anthology which is a set text for the course, it includes articles on (I think): Feminist and Marxist interpretations of literature, Metaphor, Allegory and Imagery in literature, and ideas of value and the canon of literature. You basically have to write about another text, based on the ideas presented in one of these arguments. I think it has to be an argument, presenting your POV, although someone might know differently, I'm not too sure!
    Thanks for the help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.