The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine stats

Sorry if this topic has been done to death (and feel free to point me in the right direction if it has) but can anyone tell me roughly how many applicants applied and how many offers were given for 4 year courses last year at

Nottingham
Keele
KCL
Newcastle

Also Sheffield...I know it's 5 year but I wondered if they still had a restricted amount of spaces available to graduates/mature students.

Much appreciated :smile:
KCL 4 year course has about 24 places and between 1000-1500 applicants. The odds were at one point 1:42 but someone on here gave me a link to the 2009 stats which if I remember correctly were 1:63. To be honest, KCL 4 year is only a good choice if you have an amazingly high UKCAT (Above 700, as close to 750 as possible) and if you have either been working in health care or have really impressive volunteering. Otherwise, no point. Remember, if your UKCAT is not competitive, this is a cruel choice, you won't get an interview. I don't know what the cut off is but I wouldn't think it's below at least 700. KCL 5 year on the other hand gives much nicer odds, still relies on high UKCAT but not as crazy as the 4 year.

Keele has 10 places!! So be careful with their 4 year course. Putting Keele and KCL 4 year courses on one application is very very very risky!

Nottingham is a nice one, GAMSAT-dependent. This year if you had 60 you would have an interview. I think at interview you have the odds are about 1:2/1:3. This is a rough guess by me not based on stats,ok?

Newcastle, I can't remember any numbers but I know they are very popular and very ukcat dependent so if you ace the UKCAT you have a good shot at getting an interview. Interview stage odds might be close to 1:5 maybe. again rough stats here not based on accurate numbers. have a lookie at medschoolonline website, they have some stats from a few years ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks that's really helpful ....I think I'll avoid Keele as 10 places is insane odds! Sheffield, 5yr and Nottingham, 4yr are my first choices so that's good news..and the good thing about KCL I guess is that if you apply for 4 year you're also considered for 5 year so it's like two choices in one...but I'll see how the UKCAT goes. Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending