Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dont do idol worshipping,

ReputationRep:
    my own idol is myself, noone can be or act like me ever. i shall make my own history and people will put me as there idol as i did myself, and therefore achieve my success.

ReputationRep:
    Albert Einstein, Joe Strummer and Ludwig Beethoven.

Never put them together like that before and it looks odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D'ya Get Meh?)
    my own idol is myself, noone can be or act like me ever. i shall make my own history and people will put me as there idol as i did myself, and therefore achieve my success.
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    i don't admire anyone since we're all humans and whoever you idolise probably still goes home and has a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Come again? :eyeball:
    You read it If you haven't heard of them well that's actually kinda awkward :eek:

Google them up if you don't know them

ReputationRep:
    Stalin comes to the mind. I know it sounds stupid, but I've always had an admiration for him. He defeated Nazism practically alone, and he turned the USSR into a mighty superpower.

ReputationRep:
    Napoleon, and the toast which reincarnates every day when I eat my breakfast!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Freddie Mercury

Fantastic stage presence and knew how to get a crowd going.
    Pretty upset he died when I was too small to see him perform.

ReputationRep:
    Sylvia Plath, David Beckham, the uncle I never met, my Mum, my Dad.

ReputationRep:

Carl Sagan.

I don't worship him, he's not an idol to me, more of a hero. We are immeasurably poorer as a species for living in a world without Carl Sagan in it. If I have kids, then when they're about 10-12 I'll show them Carl Sagan's Cosmos. What an inspirational man.

ReputationRep:
    Oh didn't even which forum this was in and ended up mentioning half my family. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Marcus Aurelius would be a start for me but I'm not a big fan of idolising individuals.

ReputationRep:
    No idol for me, just people I appreciate and respect their ideas, work, or things they have done. I would say Jean-Jacques Rousseau for his writings and love to nature :stupido: :flower: , Martin Luther for his braveness :horse:, & Winston Churchill for his nationalism :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Stalin comes to the mind. I know it sounds stupid, but I've always had an admiration for him. He defeated Nazism practically alone, and he turned the USSR into a mighty superpower.
    ??????

ReputationRep:
    Few will be surprised by my answer if they have seem any of my posts in the Religion forum.

Christopher Hitchens.

A great intellectual, author, critique, debator and political commontator.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt say i have an idol but i admire people
    i like jk rowling and just admire how she wrote and made up this whole harry potter world. she didn't give up and she became a writer.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of beauty:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aishwarya Rai
    Adriana Lima

Intelligence:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Einstein

Leonardo DaVinci

Success:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mark Zuckerberg
    Bill Gates

Inspiration/Legacy:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jesus-I mean even if he wasn't the son of god etc. he is still an iconic figure in history who is revered even after 2000 years, which is pretty cool :cool:.

-Jeanne D'ark - her determination and braveness is just impressive.

Political:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    -empress orchid

I don't actually idolise them, they are just my inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    The man in the mirror

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.