Turn on thread page Beta

Overheard girls talk about how I hadn't had a first kiss yet. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    my opinion is as valuable as anyone's. clearly i share the same opinion with her friends, whose opinions she no doubt finds enlightening and valuable.
    I love a comedian. Do you know any?

ReputationRep:
    go up to them while they are talking grab one of their faces and snog them then say "hows that for a first kiss *****!?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zax)
    I love a comedian. Do you know any?
    The site where all jokers go is Sickipedia

(Original post by Berbalicious)
    Refuse to be judged by other people's standards. So what if you haven't been kissed yet, what are you like 17? It's really no big deal.

It is sad that they have to compare their love lives to yours in order to increase their self esteem. But then again there are some desperately insecure people in this world.

Brush it off and enjoy your life!
    I'm 19 They even brought my age up, about how I'm one of the oldest people in the sixth form but I am still a virgin/never been kissed etc.

but you *ARE* inadequate because you haven't had a bf, that first kiss ever. you can hardly fault your friends for telling the truth.

yes, there is something probably wrong with you as well, as there are something with anyone who's never had a bf/gf. In the case of girls, it's likely because you're too ugly, plenty of guys like girls who are total *****es and psychos.

c'est la vie, and the truth is what the truth is.
    There's a tiny part of me that makes me feel like what you're saying is kind of true. I've never been called beautiful or pretty to be honest. I personally think I'm a bit simple looking. But I suppose for most of the world that's as good as ugly. :rolleyes: Ah well... we can't all be beautiful can we?
    I'd rather people like you say it straight to me than talk about me behind my back. The opinion is the same anyway.

(Original post by KJ_the_crazy_chick)
    They sound jealous that you are cleverer than them. So to "pull" you down to make themselves feel better, they are talking about your inexperience to show themselves they are better than you. Ignore them.

You will find someone when it is right, don't worry about it.
    It's not that these girls are *****y or anything. In fact they are nice and lots of boys and girls like them. They aren't stupidly popular or anything, they are kind of the more sociable but clever girls in our sixth form. The ones who have an amazing social life and still manage As in their exams.
    They are nice people, I don't really want to hold a grudge and call them b****es but I just feel like if the normal people in my sixth form think that about me, what to the mean ones in my sixth form think of me?

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the ****s! They may have been just bantering/ bored but their comments are more a reflection on them than you. In the meantime just blank them, they are so silly and vapid. Please don't be moved to 'question your whole life'!! Not worth it

I've not been kissed either and I do feel inadequate as well at times, as is natural. On the flip side, there are people who dabble heavily in sex and relationships and end up being seriously hurt. I know that hearing about other people's complex love lives when you've not really had much of one doesn't exactly make you feel better about your own 'problem'; but then I suppose you've got to start seeing it as not being a problem. It'll come along when it does eh. No pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Not worth fussing over it at this moment in time. I assume you've got exams coming up in a few months time, focus on them. I'm in a situation where I'm not prioritising relationships at the moment because I'll have plenty of time for that at University. In the mean time, I'm focusing on getting to University.

Seriously, it's not worth it. Some day, you'll find someone who plucks up the courage to say they like you. That sort of thing is circumstancial. It'll happen, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    You're just trying to be a douchebag, aren't you?
    he's trying to be "out-there" "keeping it real" and cool because he is so controversial

OP, not having a bf isusually down to shyness or you dont have low enough standards (unless you are horrifcally ugly) but don't worry school is for learning so at the moment you are winning against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mantis117)
    This.

OP, you should have turned the situation around and just gone over and said "Hi, What are you guys talking about?" Just to embarrass the hell out of them and make them feel a bit of what you were feeling.
    I've actually done that before. It was two guys who were talking about me. Afterwards they felt REALLY guilty and couldn't stop apologising.

ReputationRep:
    Go cry to ya mom.

ReputationRep:
    Thye sound like a bunch of little girls.

Ignore them

ReputationRep:
    I know girls like that. No point caring what they say about you (I know its easier said than done though.

They're just over compensating for the fact that they're **** bags

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    but you *ARE* inadequate because you haven't had a bf, that first kiss ever. you can hardly fault your friends for telling the truth.

yes, there is something probably wrong with you as well, as there are something with anyone who's never had a bf/gf. In the case of girls, it's likely because you're too ugly, plenty of guys like girls who are total *****es and psychos.

c'est la vie, and the truth is what the truth is.
    I think people on TSR know me as being the most honest guy, which I sometimes come across rude. But what you've done is chat a load of ****, nothing honest there, and be a douchebag at the same time.

Congrats prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not that these girls are *****y or anything. In fact they are nice and lots of boys and girls like them. They aren't stupidly popular or anything, they are kind of the more sociable but clever girls in our sixth form. The ones who have an amazing social life and still manage As in their exams.
    They are nice people, I don't really want to hold a grudge and call them b****es but I just feel like if the normal people in my sixth form think that about me, what to the mean ones in my sixth form think of me?
    The best way to address this is to ask them why they think it is vital to talk about you like this. Explain your personal reasons and tell them to mind their own business. The number of times people *****ed about me and I told them to say to my face is huge but every time it stops them. Or they ***** how you stood up to them.

Plus when you hear hurtful comments like this just remember they cannot hurt you unless you let them. Also try not caring what people think of you as it helps booast your confidence.

ReputationRep:
    These girls obviously have crippling self-esteem to think a girl needs to "get a man in her life" to be worth something. If they've made it their objective to "get a man" then whatever good for them, but not everybody shares that view. You don't need anybody to validate you.

I know you said they weren't being *****y, but it sounds pretty *****y from where I'm sitting. They are jealous that you are smart, or they see you as competition in the classroom, and they want to ***** about you but can't fault you anywhere, so they have decided to pinpoint the one area where they "know" more than you do. It is a shame that they are immature and speak about you that way, but you mustn't feel like they are better than you. You are still very young, and you clearly have your priorities right and they don't sound as if they do! Whether people are virgins or have boyfriends is really none of their business and they have no place on the judging panel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Our study area is divided into little sections with screens so a few girls in my sixth form didn't really notice that I was there when they walked in. I didn't bother speaking to them because I had work I needed to get done so they had no clue that I was around. I wouldn't have started a conversation with them anyway as they aren't my close friends. I would say they are the people that I talk to but I can't act silly around them. I speak to them only because we do some of the same subjects.

Anyway, they were chatting and I wasn't paying attention until one of them mentioned my name! I listened in a bit and they were talking about all the girls who were virgins in my sixth form and stuff. And then they started this conversation about how I've never had a bf, never been kissed, still a virgin etc etc. It wasn't malicious/mean/*****y or anything but there were times when I thought, they'd never say that to me to my face. They was almost pitying me to the point where it sounded like I was hopeless in love. Like one of the girls said that I was "clueless" and that I "wouldn't know what to do in bed". Another one said that she "didn't get the point of her being so intelligent if she can't get a man in her life". And then she said "Obviously she isn't that intelligent then!":rolleyes:

It just got me a bit upset because I feel really inadequate now just because I haven't had a bf, that first kiss ever. I wouldn't say I'm ugly or pretty to be honest. I'm a bit simple, not really plain, because I do like looking nice even though I am a 'geek' or whatever and I like to be sociable, go out and look nice. It's just made me question myself really and I just feel like I'm being judged just because I've never had a bf. No guy has really ever liked me. I don't think I'm a horrible person either. My friends think I'm funny and kind but we don't go on about that. I'm just nothing special and what's upsetting me is that I feel like there's something wrong in me which is why no guy has ever liked me/told me he liked me if he did.

Sorry for the ramble but I just feel a bit upset and having that whole questioning myself and my life thing. I don't think what they said was mean, I'm not one to hold grudges and things but I just felt it was inappropriate coming out of them.
    It won't let me rate you because I have too recently whoever you are, but :hugs:
    Don't feel bad, you aren't that old to have not ever had a boyfriend and I've never had a first kiss either. It could be for any number of reasons - it isn't a hard and fast rule that every okay looking girl is kissed before she is x years old. 10 years down the line you won't remember the age you got kissed or those girls. There are more important things than guys, you should be really proud of your friends/good grades etc. You have loads of time to do all that stuff and it definitely will happen - may just at uni or something. Chin up, I'm sure you're beautiful inside even if they can't see it and some guy will realise it soon It is natural to worry though, I do sometimes. Maybe consider pming a pic someone on here (me or if you have any special tsr friends) if you want a more objective view about your looks, just an idea..

ReputationRep:
    Remember kids, chastity is purity

ReputationRep:
    You should feel nothing nothing but proud. So what, your not an incestuous woman who is crushed beneath the pillars of prerogative social normality - if you ask me that is something special, unique and demonstrates a mentality that thousands in modern times simply fail to manifest.

For what it is worth, I, just another person behined a computer screen admire you. You are a virgin, you are pure, you are 19, you are strong.

ReputationRep:
    Let me tell you something those girls are 100% jealous of you. They are still regretting whatever they did with the wrong person and probably want to start again. However, "too little, too late". :-)

Don't feel that you're being rushed into something you don't want to do. Do it when it feels right and not what others say (Especially those GREEN EYED MONSTRES!!!)

Keep your head high and think to your self that their just envious B****ES!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't let what the say get to heart. I know it's difficult when people are talking about you, but you should just be yourself, and be proud of who you are
    And your first bf, first kiss etc will come in time, and dont think there's anything wrong with you! people get stuff like this laterr in life, completely normal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.