Turn on thread page Beta

Overheard girls talk about how I hadn't had a first kiss yet. watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a cliché but you really are better off waiting for someone you really like and who wants more than just sex! I felt like you throughout year 12, though nobody ever said anything, and like my virginity was a big secret that was holding me back and just making me feel generally inadequate and loserish. I lost my virginity to a boy I didn't even know, letalone like, and afterwards never saw him again and I really regret it. This hasn't made me a more 'adequate' person, I just feel extremely guilty and wish I was back in the situation you are in now (although the word 'situation' isn't really appropriate here - whether or not you're a virgin, or have never been kissed, is so bloody inconsequential!) It's advice I heard a lot but it didn't change how I felt, and I had to learn the hard way. Just be aware that if you were to go and have sex with someone you didn't particularly like you'd in all likelihood feel **** about yourself afterwards. Any girl, realistically, could go and get with someone if they wanted to, and the fact you haven't really shouldn't be something to be looked down upon. Sorry for the cheesiness but you should see it as a sign of your evidently high sense of self-respect x

ReputationRep:
    Oh, ignore them. If they think that the only reason to be intelligent is to get a boyfriend then they have serious issues...

You're not alone in your situation and it's not like there's some massive rush to get a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I actually watched an iCarly episode today about this exact topic. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    It'll happen when it happens. It's not worth worrying over these petty opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    Well it's easy to say just ignore them, but that doesn't really help with the situation. What has been said has been said, they weren't being malicious towards you and they're not bullying you, they're just being a bit *****y. It's not like you can ignore something you overheard. I've overheard people, friends actually, talking about me before, not in a malicious way, just a little bit of *****ing (which let's be honest, we all do), and it really hurt. It wasn't even a big thing, but hearing people talk about you is horrible.

As for your situation, well I see where your coming from, in sixth form, never even had a kiss, everyone around you is having sex or whatever, I don't imagine it's particularly nice for you, and you can't exactly ignore what you're feeling on the inside. My advice would just be to accept it, if you haven't had a boyfriend or a kiss, and you're not really bothered, get on with what is more important to you. If it is something that is really bothering you however, which is completely understandable, all I would say is be more sociable, talk to people, go to parties, etc., it's bound to happen sooner or later.
    This.

And girls are pretty pathetic like this when it comes to guys. I remember being 14 and my" friends" at the time (yeah I hardly talk to those girls any more) teasing me because I hadn't been kissed. AGE 14!!! Really, girls just tend to feel that they need a guy to "define" them. They're probably a hell of a lot more insecure than you are. Especially if you hadn't even really been concerned about your lack of love life.

Please don't worry about it too much. Don't start thinking that you NEED to get with a guy, it probably won't make you feel much better. And the girls will have even more to gossip about. Lots of people have limited experience with the opposite sex before they come to Uni. So just concentrate on getting a place at the Uni you want and you won't have to see those dumb hoes ever again, yaaay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Aimee-)
    These girls obviously have crippling self-esteem to think a girl needs to "get a man in her life" to be worth something. If they've made it their objective to "get a man" then whatever good for them, but not everybody shares that view. You don't need anybody to validate you.

I know you said they weren't being *****y, but it sounds pretty *****y from where I'm sitting. They are jealous that you are smart, or they see you as competition in the classroom, and they want to ***** about you but can't fault you anywhere, so they have decided to pinpoint the one area where they "know" more than you do. It is a shame that they are immature and speak about you that way, but you mustn't feel like they are better than you. You are still very young, and you clearly have your priorities right and they don't sound as if they do! Whether people are virgins or have boyfriends is really none of their business and they have no place on the judging panel.
    Absolutely this.

I know it can be hard when it seems like everyone is talking about and judging you. But all that really matters is that you live your life the way you want by adhering to your own standards.

If it makes you feel any better, there are probably tens of thousands of young people in exactly the same situation as yourself in this country alone.

Just relax and enjoy your life, no guy worth being with anyway will be bothered by the fact that you've never been kissed....in fact many would probably be flattered that you opted to share that experience with them

ReputationRep:
    this is what women do. thats that. they dont know that by doing what they do they are making themselves more unapproachable. and they end up with crappy guys who take them to pizza express and purpleturle.

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with you - there is, however, something wrong with people who have to ***** about others! Think how sad a group of girls has to be to spend time being malicious about someone else, they've obviously not got a great deal of important things to talk about.

It's not weird to have never kissed anyone at your age - to be fair, it's never really 'weird'. It'd be getting a little unusual if you were in your mid to late 20s, but you're still at school! You're sociable, take care of your appearance, it's only a matter of time - but importantly, you don't need a boyfriend. You should only kiss someone when you actually feel like you really want to - not because of peer pressure.

ReputationRep:
    prepare for the influx of messages from TSRs resident male geek predators

ReputationRep:
    They may talk like they're superior, but really they probably feel inadequate compared to you. They also most likely ***** about each other and who says just because they're experienced they're any better than you? As other people have said, it's not like you couldn't get a guy - any girl can get a guy tbh, but it's 100x better to wait for someone who actually respects you. Ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    all girls *****. unfortunate. just ignore OP. the fact that they spend time talking about you demonstrates how shallow their own lives are.

OP wins.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a club, get drunk, bring home a random guy and have unprotected sex with him. That will make you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dii Dii)
    Let me tell you something those girls are 100% jealous of you. They are still regretting whatever they did with the wrong person and probably want to start again. However, "too little, too late" :-)

Don't feel that you're being rushed into something you don't want to do. Do it when it feels right and not what others say (Especially those GREEN EYED MONSTRES!!!)

Keep your head high and think to your self that their just envious B****ES!!!
    As much as I think the girls in the OP post are *****es, I wish people wouldn't throw around the "they're just jealous!" stuff. Because the vast majority of the time, it just isn't true at all. I highly doubt they are jealous of her.

@OP, about 5 minutes after my first kiss I was like YEEAH KISSED FINALLY and then after that I may as well never have been kissed the amount it matters, lol. It's of very little importance in the overall scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    They probably feel insecure about something you have and they don't, in this case, probably intelligence. Maybe they envy some aspect of your looks as well, and that way are "putting you down" in kind words between themselves.

Either way, don't question yourself, for you will meet people, you will get your first kiss, and when the time comes you will hop into bed and you will do things and you will know how to do them. Everyone starts and gets to know somehow.

Nothing is wrong with you, and they are just being nosy parkers. Take no notice of them, and continue living your life happily. Plus, having a partner is overrated, and you are no better person for having one or not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.