The Student Room Group

Is this healthy?

Im having trouble eating better....ive always struggled with right and wrong when it comes to food, and would really appreciate some guidance. (im a girl btw, 19, 5 foot 10 and around 11 half stone.

Moring-porridge with blackberries and raspberries
lunch-cereal(special k)
dinner omellette and beans and 1 slice of toast (no butter)

snacks-yoghurts (those split ones with fruit on the side) and special k X 3
oranges X 3

I seem to be addicted to special k and low fat yoghurt (again today ive had three of these already) is this really fattening/bad for me?

please help, any nutrional advice would be great.

Oh, and i also excersize frequently throughout the week, normally on the eliptical machine for 40 minuites every other day.
Reply 1
Needs more bacon.
How big are the serving sizes?

Depending on that, you could be severely undereating, or getting a good calory intake.

However, you should vary your menu, not eat the same every day - and have more vegetables (and fruit), you can't exist off cereals. Perhaps try switching some of the yoghurts to fruit.
You also need meat, as the person above has mentioned.
Remember you need to have all essential nutrients every day - meat isn't bad for you. It is more about eating healthy and balanced food than eating as less as possible.

Anyway, never have less than 1200cals/day, preferably aim for something more like 1500.
And make sure you complement this diet adequately with exercise, or it won't really get you anywhere (you might end up 'skinny fat').
(edited 13 years ago)
Bump please!
Reply 4
Cereal isn't really the best thing for lunch and Special K isn't actually that healthy. It's not fattening but it has a lot of salt in it.
Special K and the low fat yogurt make it a good diet for you, but the question is,
would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending