Turn on thread page Beta

MAC makeup duty free prices? watch

ReputationRep:
    Going on holiday next week and i'm planning on going on a mac makeup shopping spree at the airport. Does anyone know how much cheaper the duty free is?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure but i would advise you not to buy mac foundation as its very thick.

ReputationRep:
    Duty free means there's no VAT. So look at the prices on the MAC website and then subtract 20%. Bear in mind that if you're travelling within the EU then "duty free" isn't actually duty free, the prices will be the same as on the high street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    Duty free means there's no VAT. So look at the prices on the MAC website and then subtract 20%. Bear in mind that if you're travelling within the EU then "duty free" isn't actually duty free, the prices will be the same as on the high street.
    Say what? My friend flew from Stansted to Scotland and got me duty free MAC foundation.

OP, Studio Fix foundation is about £15 I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    Say what? My friend flew from Stansted to Scotland and got me duty free MAC foundation.

OP, Studio Fix foundation is about £15 I think.
    Only passengers flying to non EU countries pay "duty free". Sales to passengers travelling within the EU are still subject to tax and duty, including VAT. The store may offer what they call a "tax free price" (even though they pay VAT etc on it). But often enough the prices are not much different than the high street, at least for cosmetics - you might see certain popular items offered at a good "tax free" prices (eg Diorshow mascara) but other items may be priced the same if not more than the high st. Obviously varies by store, brand and airport though.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't know if they still do them but you can get the MAC Look in a box sets only from airports I think, where you basically get a set of full sized items (I think!) pretty cheap! Worth looking out for!

ReputationRep:
    It's vat free ! Therefore it's 17 percent off in duty free

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.