Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it safe to pick up? I think it's a rabbit skull, I'd quite like to bring it back to put on my shelf

ReputationRep:
    Spray it with disinfectant if you're that worried?

I've picked up dead animals/bones before and never noticed bad effects from doing so. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's probably got malaria, anthrax and the black plague. Be careful.

ReputationRep:
    Might wanna check it for brains or creatures and give it a brush out first, but i dont thik its gonna jump up and bite yer nose, unless its an uber awesome skull.

ReputationRep:
    I have one, its a fox or badger I think
    It was prety clean so I just put it in a box and keep it in the back of my wardrobe

...never actually realised how weird that sounds until now lol :P

ReputationRep:
    If its a rabbit, perfectly safe

If its a hare - well I wouldnt even want to be in a 20 mile radius of one of those skulls, jus' sayin'.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxomatosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowyPrincess)
    I have one, its a fox or badger I think
    It was prety clean so I just put it in a box and keep it in the back of my wardrobe

...never actually realised how weird that sounds until now lol :P
    Better keep it quiet if it's a badger cos having a badger skull is a criminal offence - no joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Better keep it quiet if it's a badger cos having a badger skull is a criminal offence - no joking.
    hmm really?

Ive had it years, I was on a walking thing with my dad and the group found it it had been picked clean by something , as I was only about 10 at the time I got to keep it for 'show and tell' at school XD Thinking about it I think we agreed it was a fox skull but as im not biologist I couldnt tell you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowyPrincess)
    hmm really?

Ive had it years, I was on a walking thing with my dad and the group found it it had been picked clean by something , as I was only about 10 at the time I got to keep it for 'show and tell' at school XD Thinking about it I think we agreed it was a fox skull but as im not biologist I couldnt tell you
    Yeah

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/51/section/1

(3) A person is guilty of an offence if, except as permitted by or under this Act, he has in his possession or under his control any dead badger or any part of, or anything derived from, a dead badger.
    basically if you've got a badger skull you're guilty unless you can prove you got it lawfully.

Badger skull is quite a massive thing though - the jawbone can't be detached from the rest of the skull (without smashing the skull to bits)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Yeah

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/51/section/1

basically if you've got a badger skull you're guilty unless you can prove you got it lawfully.

Badger skull is quite a massive thing though - the jawbone can't be detached from the rest of the skull (without smashing the skull to bits)
    Hmm maybe its not a badger then if the skulls are big, its perhaps a little bigger than my hand as far as I can remember, dunno if the jaw comes off or not though :P I blame my dad/the other adults on the trip lol! they fought it was cool to take it to school :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It'll be fine. Wash your hands afterwards.

(Original post by StephenP91)
    anthrax
    anthrax does grow in rotting carcasses...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.