Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I think I need a piece of advice here. First of all I was pretty much certain that if I get an offer from Nottingham, I will make it my firm choice. However, looking through the Nottingham campus maps I managed to find out that food science is taught not in the main campus, but in Sutton Bonington one. But to me (I am pretty much used to living in the city centre) is seems more like a small village.
    So first of all, I want to ask those already studying in Sutton Bonington site, how does it feel? Do you lack some facilities or some city life? It's like 12 miles away from the main site which is just immense distance if you ask me, you know, not something you can travel every day if you don't have a car. What are the positive aspects of living so far away from the main campus?

Second question for those who perhaps already have some experience in food studies: which uni Newcastle or Nottingham for this subject and why?

According to 'The Times' league tables, in food studies Newcastle beats Nottingham, however Nottingham has more points in the research criteria, which i consider very important. Although, in the overall ranking Nottingham is 6 places higher than Newcastle, which makes me a little confused.

So what do you think? Any comments and ideas are welcome and will be strongly appreciated.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anything about Food Science, but when looking at rankings always take the ranking of the institution over the ranking for the subject. Nottingham is clearly better in that regard.

Also you may also want to post some of these questions in the General University discussion forum and the Newcastle specific forum.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.