Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically I've been offered a place at Chi Uni in September. Really excited about it, and was thinking of applying for accomodation on the Bishop Otter campus, as that's where all my lectures will be. However so many people have been saying that Bognor is the much better place to be...more lively, more clubs etc.

Chichester is much more attractive though...does anyone have any helpful advice??

Thanks =D x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH1991*)
    Hi,

Basically I've been offered a place at Chi Uni in September. Really excited about it, and was thinking of applying for accomodation on the Bishop Otter campus, as that's where all my lectures will be. However so many people have been saying that Bognor is the much better place to be...more lively, more clubs etc.

Chichester is much more attractive though...does anyone have any helpful advice??

Thanks =D x
    Bognor's probably got a more social feel, and there's only one meat market, I mean club in the town centre anyway. The bugbear with the Bognor campus is relying on the uni bus (unless you have a car but won't be allowed to park on either campus if you're in halls).

Chi campus - great for falling out of bed into lectures...

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thanks for the advice =) am probably going to go with Chichester, just because it will be so much easier to get to lectures.

Is it fairly easy to get into Bognor for nights out?

Also, what's the nightlife like...loads of people are saying it's rubbish, but tbh I'm from London so have kind of been there done that with the clubbing thing...obv would like a few decent nights out but it's not top of my list.

And the SU bars?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't go to the uni but I live in the area and I can vouch for the fact the the nights out are terrible, and I mean truly terrible. As in there is one club in Chichester and it's in the middle of a field that is technically not in Chichester. There is a bus that takes you there from Spoons though. However, I think there are more uni events organised to make up for this, and parties in halls are always more fun anyway, wherever you are.

Since you are from London, have you considered how you might feel moving from the big city to one of the smallest in England? (not sure whether this is actually true, although it feels like it). Also, I would definitely recommend the Chichester campus as Chichester is generally MUCH nicer than Bognor; you'd be surprised what a difference a few miles makes. Chichester is a pretty little city with a cathedral and cobbled streets, whereas Bognor is largely composed of concrete and ageing drunks. Conversely, if the latter is what floats your boat, remember that there are such things as buses and trains, both of which run every 10-15 minutes.

I hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I did think about that but I'm 20 and have been working for a couple of years...like I said I've kind of been there done that with the crazy clubbing nights, so don't mind opting for something a bit quieter.

Hopefully there'll be parties and things like that to make up for it though!

And again with the London thing, I'm really looking forward to moving to Chichester, I think it's absolutely gorgeous and wouldn't mind something different. I'm more than happy to just go out in London whenever I'm at home.

And yeah I thought the Chi campus looked a lot nicer than Bognor! Thanks for your help =) x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No worries. Enjoy Chichester, it really is a lovely city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH1991*)
    Oh okay thanks for the advice =) am probably going to go with Chichester, just because it will be so much easier to get to lectures.

Is it fairly easy to get into Bognor for nights out?

Also, what's the nightlife like...loads of people are saying it's rubbish, but tbh I'm from London so have kind of been there done that with the clubbing thing...obv would like a few decent nights out but it's not top of my list.

And the SU bars?
    SU bars are pretty good (and I've experienced London ones in comparison)

ReputationRep:
    I live in littlehampton like 10 mins from both and Bognor is a **** hole full of drunks, chav and eastern European gangs (no joke) and Chichester is a really nice town with a good but very busy pub scene

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion..Unless your course is based at Bognor, stay in Chichester. Its the better campus by far! There is a regular Uni Bus to and from both campuses so its fairly easy to go back and forth! Nightlife is great at the SU in Chi! Always something on! Have fun and enjoy your freshers year! Make the most of it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.