Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Oxbridge Conference at Haydock Park, 31st March watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else going? Could we arrange a TSR get-together?

I can take questions from you guys about Oxbridge and get an official response from Cambridge and Oxford admissions tutors, professors and students.

ReputationRep:
    hi i'm going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placebo101)
    Is anyone else going? Could we arrange a TSR get-together?

I can take questions from you guys about Oxbridge and get an official response from Cambridge and Oxford admissions tutors, professors and students.
    People often misinterpret the information given in the brief time they get, as I've seen on the Cambridge forum following the conference at the Emirates. I wouldn't rely too much on what is given, so if you do have any questions don't be afraid to PM someone like myself or any other Oxbridge student, as well as emailing people directly at either university (e.g. student union reps who are more likely to give a fairer view)

The conferences mainly deal with the bleeding obvious and are also there to 'sell' Oxbridge to people who may not ordinarily apply. But I hope it will be informative nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    I worked at this last year, and other conferences this year

To be honest you really don't need to go to a conference to get this sort of information although its a good set up. Just read the prospectus/familiarise yourself with department websites, and current students on here will happily provide the student viewpoint and personal experiences. Colleges are also generally very willing to answer any more tricky questions if you email them, as is the central admissions office.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.