Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Don't trust my gf to take the pill. watch

(Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Yes, I am. Because, funnily enough, I happen to read the instructions that come with the pill. Clearly, you have not. So why don't you take the advice of someone who actually has read them and has been on the pill for five and a half years (without getting pregnant :O) before getting self-righteous and condescending about something you admittedly know little about?
    Self-righteous is you assuming that I think my gf is an idiot and I shouldn't be with her just because I have this slight concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    try talking to her about the implant?
    No,don't. its horrible. well everyone reacts to things different. but that implant made me be on my period 7-8 months constantly. seriously no joke, then i'd be off for the same amount of time. docs wouldn't take it out, the family planning clinic finally did after 2.5 years of pure hell! now with the pill, i'm only on 4-6 days out of a month, yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Missing a day "rarely makes a difference" ? Wow you're informed aren't you.

I got told that if you miss a day then it does increase your chances of getting pregnant.

Everyone here is saying "missing a day doesn't do much etc." which I did not read on the internet while doing research so how was I suposed to know.
    Yes, because hearsay makes you more informed than a woman who is either taking the pill or has received enough information about it to know what she's talking about. If you had researched this for more than five minutes, you'd realise that missing one pill (for particular pills, mind) doesn't leave you unprotected. Just tell her you're worried about a possible pregnancy and I'm sure she'll reassure you that she's taking it properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigeela4rmBradford)
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

kasmeh this is the best comment ever posted in my entire zindigi.

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

definitely taking this line for future use

Dam, i could use all the +reps i can get

ReputationRep:
    What pill is she on? I don't know about the combined pill, but I'm on the mini pill and if you forget to take a pill you just have to wait 2 days, taking the pill at normal time, until you're protected again.

To make sure I don't forget I set an alarm on my phone and I also tick every day on my calendar, maybe you should suggest she do the same?

ReputationRep:
    biggest issue here is trust. If you can't trust someone to be following through on something you both agreed to(is this actually the case?) then you should't be having unprotected sex.
    Since when was the pill not protection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    The combined pill has a window of 12 hours
    Ah thanks, I thought it was about that, though I can't take the combined pill anyway, so haven't needed to know up till now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    No,don't. its horrible. well everyone reacts to things different. but that implant made me be on my period 7-8 months constantly. seriously no joke, then i'd be off for the same amount of time. docs wouldn't take it out, the family planning clinic finally did after 2.5 years of pure hell! now with the pill, i'm only on 4-6 days out of a month, yay
    SAME!!! I'm getting the bloomin thing ripped out next week. Stay away it is evil!!!

Just talk to your girlfriend OP! I'm sure she will appreciate the reminders! And use protection if she misses a day!

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to keep her pills in the bathroom beside her toothbrush, that will help her remember to take it every morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    SAME!!! I'm getting the bloomin thing ripped out next week. Stay away it is evil!!!

Just talk to your girlfriend OP! I'm sure she will appreciate the reminders! And use protection if she misses a day!
    it takes 45 mins to get out :/ and you can't do exercise for like 3-4 days

ReputationRep:
    Look at it this way, text her each night at whatever time you've set and afterwards say 'pill' or some word that is casual but is your way of letting her know you still want to be cautious. At the end of the day you can argue it takes two people in a relationship and if neither of you want kids then you both should be responsible for her taking it. Shows you care, that your not leaving the contraception up to her, and will probably help your relationship if you're doing these things together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo2217)
    Look at it this way, text her each night at whatever time you've set and afterwards say 'pill' or some word that is casual but is your way of letting her know you still want to be cautious. At the end of the day you can argue it takes two people in a relationship and if neither of you want kids then you both should be responsible for her taking it. Shows you care, that your not leaving the contraception up to her, and will probably help your relationship if you're doing these things together
    lol, I'd dump any guy who did this.

ReputationRep:
    it takes 45 mins to get out :/ and you can't do exercise for like 3-4 days
    Haha thanks for that .

But I don't think it does.... Implanon? If it does then I'm well angry... WHY DID NOONE TELL ME THIS! :mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

So basically I really don't want kids at all. My gf doesn't really want them either but she's in the "I don't care" camp.

We don't use condoms anymore because she's on the pill. Problem is I don't trust her to take the pill. I mean you have to take it everyday at the same time for it to work right ? Now my gf is smart, I mean she's at a Russel group university so she should be able to take a pill at the same time. For this reason I don't know how to say "Do you take your pill properly ?" to her.

She's a bit ditzy if you know what I mean. I don't know what to do about it, because of this I have well not avoided having sex but I'm more hesitant.

I can't be the only guy who feels this way. I mean we all have days when we don't manage to do everything we're supposed to or we're really busy.

So what do I do aobut this ?
    whynot get the implant, Im gonna get that, my mums got it.

ReputationRep:
    Implant all the way baby

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for that .

But I don't think it does.... Implanon? If it does then I'm well angry... WHY DID NOONE TELL ME THIS! :mad::mad::mad:
    if what does? theres only one type of implant..

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

So basically I really don't want kids at all. My gf doesn't really want them either but she's in the "I don't care" camp.

We don't use condoms anymore because she's on the pill. Problem is I don't trust her to take the pill. I mean you have to take it everyday at the same time for it to work right ? Now my gf is smart, I mean she's at a Russel group university so she should be able to take a pill at the same time. For this reason I don't know how to say "Do you take your pill properly ?" to her.

She's a bit ditzy if you know what I mean. I don't know what to do about it, because of this I have well not avoided having sex but I'm more hesitant.

I can't be the only guy who feels this way. I mean we all have days when we don't manage to do everything we're supposed to or we're really busy.

So what do I do aobut this ?
    It's not hard to take the pill, you have to take it at roughly the same time eachday, doesn't have to be exact. I take it, and once you've been taking it for ages you just get into a routine like: take make-up off, brush hair, take my pill, moisturise etc. It's no great feat.

That said I have missed mine before but only if I've been really tired or out really late. It depends what type of pill she's on but if you miss one, it won't usually hurt, you have to miss about three for there to be a major risk of pregnancy. I'm pretty sure you're worrying too much.

ReputationRep:
    Put a condom on if you have such a big problem

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for that .

Im glad I read this I was gonna use implanon thinking i'd rather be careful because Im very forgetful with pills!

ReputationRep:
    if what does? theres only one type of implant..
    I just didn't think it took 45 mins to get out, because it's meant to just take a double appointment (like 20mins)

There used to be a different one, that was like loads of separate rods, but they stopped it. :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.