The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God, some people REALLY take things too far...Little Britain is just meant as a bit of fun. You don't hear gays ranting about how offensive they find the "only gay in the village" sketches, do you? Bloody hell
whatever next.... if everything was done 'politically correct', nothin would be shown on TV. i think i should complain at the news channels for providing news stories in stuff i have no interest in. and maybe in a few years time well all have to speak loads of foreign lnguages so we can communicate to people from other countries (if they want to live in the UK, they should at least be able to speak english to a level you can understand each other)
Reply 3
i hate little britain.. grrrrr
Reply 4
Agreed; not worth the hype. Amusing the first time and then so dull. And often severely unfunny.
Reply 5
I don't find it offensive but I do find it unpleasent. I am sure that charity are just taking it too far and its a publicity stunt for them, equaly its really hard living with incontinance and I am sure people that suffer from it don't need jokes like this.
LOL I was waiting in line at the post office (about a year ago) and the woman at the front of the queue just let it go. The person in front of me was behind her and jumped back, and everyone was muttering '****ing hell' under their breath...

No offense to anyone that has this problem but I could barely hold back the laughter :laugh:
Reply 7
People that let it get that far should have treatment or wear pads. Although even then there is still a slight chance of that happening. It really isn't their fault its just a medical condition. People don't laugh at blind people so I don't know why incontinance is any different.
Reply 8
sorry i wasnt meaning it to spar anything i just thought it was funny and so stupid etc! i dont like little britain much either but i thought that was hilerious! (cant spell)
Reply 9
Less jokes on piss (Little Britain), more jokes on cancer (Nighty Night, Peep Show).
Reply 10
Nighty Night and Peep Show are both absolutely amazing.
Reply 11
supercat
Nighty Night and Peep Show are both absolutely amazing.

My god, I have things in common with people!

:love:
Reply 12
And no one ever acknowledges them! Well, maybe Peep Show.
Reply 13
i think i may be missing out :frown: i havent heard or seen those programmes.
Reply 14
supercat
And no one ever acknowledges them! Well, maybe Peep Show.

But even that loses out to Little Britain/Whatever Peter Kay does in prizes that should rightly have their names on them. Piss jokes? Who the hell's laughing?
Reply 15
Not me. Let's laugh at the woman trying to steal her terminally ill neighbour's husband while her life partner is in hospital recovering from cancer! Yay!
i'm not usually bothered by stuff like this but when i watchen that episode of LB i was quite shocked. it is a debilitating and embarrasing illness and i don't think its really fair to poke fun at people with it in that way. of course charities and people with the disorder are going to speak out- who can blame them? i have an older relative who is so embarrased that she won't go out anymore...it's really sad for the rest of the family that sketch really hit a nerve.
and for some reason nighty night etc just didn't seems as 'bad taste' as this?! not sure what you guys think?
god i sound like such a loser.
Reply 17
sorry i really didnt post this with the intention to offend :frown:
Reply 18
xemilyx
sorry i really didnt post this with the intention to offend :frown:

You didn't offend me, I still love you.
Reply 19
2 5 +
You didn't offend me, I still love you.

aww im loved :redface:
love you too but shh :p: