Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need money, but there are no jobs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, I'm in need of advice...

I'm in need of money to insure my car when I pass my test and to save up for university.

However there are no jobs here that I can do... I've applied in about 50 different places, asked in about 200 places, searched online, registered with job websites (monster, jobsite, reed), I've looked on the jobcentre website and been to one in town and there are no jobs avaliable for me!

All the jobs are 30hours+, require experience, or some qualification. The only jobs that are available that I can do are cleaner jobs, which I've applied to and only been rejected.

Any ideas on how I could make some money?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you live close to London? I work in H&M and our store is looking for staff but it might be temporary only..

ReputationRep:
    Play poker for a living :P

?

ReputationRep:
    My friend got her job by ringing a few times after handing her C.V in, I guess it showed she was keen.

I've applied to work at the same place and they just emailed me, asking me to send my c.v in a different format which I'm praying is a good sign! I'd advise you to also make sure you get the manager's email, that way at least you know it's gone straight to them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't live near London, and being over eager in a job doesn't always work out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position, so I know how you feel . You probably just have to keep on trying at applying jobs though.

Failing that, you could also think about starting your own business? Something small, like you could maybe create things to sell to people, or some sort of service that may be needed in your area or online. But you would need a good idea first.

ReputationRep:
    I've got no chance of starting a business, just want a job, tough times. :/

ReputationRep:
    Try again and again.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep on looking and you'll soon get a job you want.

ReputationRep:
    Start a business - make your own job.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.