Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Would you flirt with friends even if you only seen them as a friend? watch

Would you invite them round to watch a dvd? Snuggle under some covers and be very touchy-feely? Lay on their lap or even spoon? Even if you only seen them as a friend?

I think I've encountered a mindf*ck.

I can't read her and what she thinks of the situation as I do get the whole 'just friends' vibe a fair bit but then there are times when I get a feeling she sometimes might see more into it. I think she can see I like her too.

If we were purely friends then that genuinely would be fine, or even if we tried dating/ anything more then that would also be fine. This middle ground isn't good. I can't tell if I'm here or there. I fear I could look too far into things and then if I went for it I'd make a good friendship awkward. On the other hand, I do think sometimes if I dont do anything I may miss a blatant opportunity at something good.

In short, would you be that cosy with a friend? Even if you only see them once in a blue moon but text every other day?

I would never be touchy feely with a guy who i see as a friend, unless i'm drunk. when i get drunk i get very touchy feely with everyone.

they probably know you are attracted to them in some way and love keeping you hanging on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you invite them round to watch a dvd? Snuggle under some covers and be very touchy-feely? Lay on their lap or even spoon? Even if you only seen them as a friend?

I can't read her and what she thinks of the situation as I do get the whole 'just friends' vibe a fair bit but then there are times when I get a feeling she sometimes might see more into it. I think she can see I like her too.

If we were purely friends then that genuinely would be fine, or even if we tried dating/ anything more then that would also be fine. This middle ground isn't good. I can't tell if I'm here or there. I fear I could look too far into things and then if I went for it I'd make a good friendship awkward. On the other hand, I do think sometimes if I dont do anything I may miss a blatant opportunity at something good.

In short, would you be that cosy with a friend? Even if you only see them once in a blue moon but text every other day?
    I'm a very flirty, extroverted, touchy feel-y so I would deffinately flirt. I do it naturally it's just my personality. I'd lie on their lap and stuff but I doubt I'd spoon with them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think many girls would get that close to someone that they don't have some kind of attraction to, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she will want to go any further with it, she might just be a tease... But you never know. Just be a bit cautious. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, could just be a tease to be honest, depends how close you are. I'd would totally flirt with a few friends of my friends but we're really good friends and I'm good friends with one of their girlfriends. Just harmless fun. Probably not grinding or touch them but like most other things, kiss on the cheek, big cuddles, I doubt anything would come of it. It depends how close you are and how long you've known each other. I've known a friend for around 8 years so he's obviously in the 'friend' section and I'm sure he obviously sees it the other way, but if you've known each other for less time I can see why you think it's flirting and maybe, if you do like her, you want there to be something. At the end of the day, I don't care what anyone says, girls like sensitive guys, just ask her if she feels there's anything else to it?
    Even if she says no, you know where she stands and not being funny, but if you mention it, she may - MAY - see you in a different light, but you'll never know unless you try. Only live once. But if you feel too embarrassed or feel it might be a bit inappropriate then just flirt properly yourself, try and hold her eyes for a second longer, smile.. you'll soon see if there's a connection or a response. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:

I wouldnt call myself flirty but my friends have a very sexual sense of humour so our boundaries are perhaps a little different to some peoples?

(Original post by jthlm)
    I don't think many girls would get that close to someone that they don't have some kind of attraction to, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she will want to go any further with it, she might just be a tease... But you never know. Just be a bit cautious. Good luck

Thank you! It feels odd to be like that with someone I had never thought to be overly flirty before so as I stated before - I don't know how to read the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! It feels odd to be like that with someone I had never thought to be overly flirty before so as I stated before - I don't know how to read the situation.
    :facepalm: **** sake. Stop wondering and just ask her.

ReputationRep:

i am extremely flirty and when i was single i used to be very confident around different guys and would act like that. its just the way i am my personality has always been like that all my friends call me there little flirt especially when im drunk

ReputationRep:
    She wants your ****, dude.

Just kiss her.

ReputationRep:
    get her bucked

Yeah I feel I missed an opportunity the more I look back at that night. Ah well, I just couldnt read her and then I suppose I assumed it wasnt anything. If there is a next time I won't be so apprehensive.

If it doesn't go down well then I hope it'll just be one incident we both can look back at and just have a laugh about it!

ReputationRep:

yh sorry im like that with some of my friends x
    we kinda muck u about
    im wierd and random though so its problbly not the same for all
    im also a biit of a slutt but NOT easy (juest getting that out in the open)

ReputationRep:
    :nah: I can't exactly flirt successfully anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.