Turn on thread page Beta

What is a 'reserve offer'? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I was recently told by a sixth form that I can have 'reserve offer' and that after I achieve GCSE results, I can go to the school and attain a place, if there are some left (after those who received confirmed offers denied the place). There definitely will be some who deny that I know too. However, does everyone get a 'reserve place'? Are they just trying to soften the blow? It's really confusing. I think it means I am likely to get accepted but I am not too sure. Pleaaase help :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just ask them? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to assist with any queries.

ReputationRep:
    no, everyone doesnt get a reserve place,

they are given out to a few students, who narowly missed a normal offer,

if people miss their normal offers, or decline them to go else where: their places will then be given to the people with reserve offers

ReputationRep:
    maybe its people on the waiting list? so it could be they got soo many applicants that they gave out definite offers and then the waiting list ones and after you get your results you if there are any places. Chances are some people didn't choose to go/ didn't meet the grades, but i'd have another school in mind just incase

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.