Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey! pretty much the title..
    dus any1 know wt the difference is between human biology and biomedical?.. is biomed for lab based n microscopes n tht? like are the areas you cover the same for both?..
    dnt kno which ones better career wise..wud like to keep options open!! n perhaps do post grad medicine!

thnx in advance

ReputationRep:
    I did human bio, so would be happy to tell you a bit about what that consisted off. As for biomed, what I've heard from a friend who transferred from human bio to biomed, is that although a lot of content was similar/ overlapped, biomed was constantly geared towards medicine... as you may expect. I'm sure someone will be more helpful but feel free to ask about human bio.

ReputationRep:
    From the looking around that I've done, biomed tends to be almost similar to the scientific content that med students do in their first three years, but with a bit more science heavy content especially in the biochem topics, i.e more chemistry and so understanding on the molecular level. Like human biology, there is also a fair amount of physiology, but I would guess that human biology has more of this, but I don't say this with any knowledge of the human bio course. I would say that both would have a similar range of topics, and the important distinction would be the university you study at, as the actual content can differ slightly between unis and the level of teaching, and I would probably stress the importance of lab work in this, will most certainly differ. So I would recommend looking at individual courses so you can pick out any small differences, but overall I'd say there isn't that much of a difference as they all have similar core topics of biochemistry, physiology and neurology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    I did human bio, so would be happy to tell you a bit about what that consisted off. As for biomed, what I've heard from a friend who transferred from human bio to biomed, is that although a lot of content was similar/ overlapped, biomed was constantly geared towards medicine... as you may expect. I'm sure someone will be more helpful but feel free to ask about human bio.
    awww thnx
    did your friend wnt to medicine too?
    so u can transfer in wt year?
    hmmm
    wt sort of topics do u cover in human bio? i kno evry uni is goin to b a lil different but still
    and did u find it quite hard?
    n dnt mean to be nosy but wt u thinkin to do with your degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Hi I am confused with the differences between the both, could you explain to me what course differences there are please? Also what university did you go to when you did human biology and what career did you get offered after your degree there?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.