Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I just finished my online interview via Ovia for the MSc in Management! I formally submitted my application on november 17th, and received an e-mail on december 6th for the interview!

Good luck to everyonee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSM7)
    Hey guys,

I just finished my online interview via Ovia for the MSc in Management! I formally submitted my application on november 17th, and received an e-mail on december 6th for the interview!

Good luck to everyonee
    Well done.. Could you please write some of the questions that they asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSM7)
    Hey guys,

Good luck to everyonee
    Who was you interview with? I had mine with Nina Seppala.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I had my interview with her too.. stumbled a bit on a few questions.

She asked me how would i invest 1 million dollars if i had it, how will i use my undergrad in the next 5-10 years, how have i been preparing for a career in management... and a few other questions related to why UCL, don't remember exactly! Pretty simple stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSM7)
    Yea I had my interview with her too.. stumbled a bit on a few questions.

She asked me how would i invest 1 million dollars if i had it, how will i use my undergrad in the next 5-10 years, how have i been preparing for a career in management... and a few other questions related to why UCL, don't remember exactly! Pretty simple stuff
    Thank you .. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSM7)
    Hey guys,

Good luck to everyonee
    I think mine was submitted on the 17th nov as well. Did they give you an offer/rejection?

I hope I hear from them next week..

ReputationRep:
    I havent received an offer/rejection yet, as i just completed my online interview last night (saturday the 10th). Not sure how long itll take but hopefully soon!!

ReputationRep:
    Second reference submitted :woo:
    Now I can (sort of) relax.

Not sure if my department (museum studies) interviews. Does anyone else know?

EDIT: Anyone else having problems with portico? It keeps telling my I have the wrong password, but when I try to change my password, it tells me ' This program is no longer running' :/

ReputationRep:
    I submited my application yesterday but I changed my mind and I want to take the same course part time.. Does anybody knows if I have to make a new application?
    I still havent paid the application I sent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmk)
    I submited my application yesterday but I changed my mind and I want to take the same course part time.. Does anybody knows if I have to make a new application?
    I still havent paid the application I sent.
    How can you submit if you have not paid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janjanmmm)
    How can you submit if you have not paid?

I dont know!!! I finished the application and I stopped before I get to payment, thinking I would like to check it again before I sent it. And then one of my referees told me he had an e mail from UCL!!!! And I also got an email from UCL tha said that I have completed my application before I pay (I don t exactly know how I managed that:rolleyes: ) and sent me a link... SInce this application is submited do I have to make a new one for the same course part time... I guess I have..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teludaa)
    Hi all!

Any other budding UCL postgrads out there?

I sent my application off two weeks ago for MA History - hopefully will have some form of response by mid-November!
    If you get in then you guys can thank our cohort for complaining so much about the core course and hopefully having it greatly improved! Good luck for getting in though, and I would recommend the 'Affluent Society' course with Dr Bernhard Rieger, it is really brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Got my portico access back - apparently it didn't wat to log me in yesterday because I typed my email address in lower case rather than upper :rolleyes:

I guess now it's just a waiting game. I'm guessing there'll be no news before January now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmk)
    I dont know!!! I finished the application and I stopped before I get to payment, thinking I would like to check it again before I sent it. And then one of my referees told me he had an e mail from UCL!!!! And I also got an email from UCL tha said that I have completed my application before I pay (I don t exactly know how I managed that:rolleyes: ) and sent me a link... SInce this application is submited do I have to make a new one for the same course part time... I guess I have..
    Are you sure it is fully submitted? Request for references is sent once you enter email of the referee, it does not mean your application is complete, and they also send you an email confirming the fact

Once fully submitted, you get email like this:

Dear Mr *****

Application Details:
    Applicant name: *** *****
    Programme Title: MSc Economics
    Programme Code: TMSECOSING01
    Sequence: 0013
    Academic Year: 2012/13
    Mode of Attendance: Full-time

We are pleased to confirm that your application has been submitted and confirmation that your payment has been sent from Barclaycard to UCL. You should have already received a short email from Barclaycard confirming your payment was successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janjanmmm)
    Are you sure it is fully submitted? Request for references is sent once you enter email of the referee, it does not mean your application is complete, and they also send you an email confirming the fact

Once fully submitted, you get email like this:

They sent me that email but is said that my application is completed, but I havent paid..and sent me a link so I can pay...
    I have completed my referee s email two weeks ago and he got the email from UCL on Sunday when I did that thing that I said...
    It s a unique characteristic of me..only I can pull these kind of things off!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My status on portico changed this morning (after 4 weeks) to "Currently being processed by Admissions". Does anybody know how long they waited for a reply, after it changed to this? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Total panic this morning on receiving an email titled 'Your Application'

...it was just to inform me that my application had been passed on to the course co-ordinator -_-

ReputationRep:
    "Dear Prospective Student,

We are very pleased to inform you that we have decided to offer you a place on a postgraduate programme at UCL."

Only in dream for the moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    My status on portico changed this morning (after 4 weeks) to "Currently being processed by Admissions". Does anybody know how long they waited for a reply, after it changed to this? :holmes:
    I never saw the change as I received the Portico access only about a week or two after I submitted the application and at that time it was already at "being processed by admissions".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost6)
    I never saw the change as I received the Portico access only about a week or two after I submitted the application and at that time it was already at "being processed by admissions".
    I'm assuming it means they've gotten round to looking at my application or they have made some sort of decision and will be notifying me soon. Because it's taken 4 weeks for it to change, and they say that applications are processed within 6 weeks.

I'd expect to hear from them in the second week of 2012, by the latest, due to christmas holidays etc.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.