The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Hi!Anyone applying/applied for MArch Bartlett (RIBA Part 2) or gone through the interview?
Original post by achpolicy
How did they send your offer? Did you receive an email? Or snail mail? Congrats!

Thank you! I found out about my offer on Portico first, actually. It changed from "Currently Being Processed By Admissions" to "Conditional Offer".

I got an email from the department a week later saying that I had been recommended by the department head, and that admissions just had to approve the decision (which they already had). They said they'd be sending me an offer by snail mail, but since I'm currently away at school and not at home, I don't know if it's arrived yet. So for me the the offer sending was a little backwards, but I'm not complaining. :smile:

Have you heard yet? What program did you apply for?
Reply 402
Original post by Xristina

Conditional offer from UCL for a PhD in Classics (condition is just that I obtain my master's lol)
I worry a bit though cause I need to accept the offer within 4 weeks. Problem is of course that in the end actually going will depend on the funding (and to be honest, if I was lucky enough to have a funded offer from Oxford, I would probably go there). Would it be too horrible of me if I accepted the offer, so that I will be considered for funding, and then decided based on the outcome for funding?

how come you applied to do 2 phds at 2 different universities? Thats pretty lucky you've found 2 supervisors with similar researcher interests.
Original post by Tripo
how come you applied to do 2 phds at 2 different universities? Thats pretty lucky you've found 2 supervisors with similar researcher interests.

:s-smilie: I applied to 5 (well 4, but I will apply to one more soon)
I think that it might be slightly different for humanities. As long as your supervisor works on your area, then it's fine. Although of course, some are more suitable than others.
Original post by RNye
Hey I got an offer for the Human Rights Course and need to take an important day off work for the open day so not sure what to do. I'm wondering if there will be another one, might give them a call to see.

Whats your undergrad in ?

Mine is in Law and French, yours??

I suppose it will be a good idea to get a feel for the school and what the actual masters contains!! They might do another one, although tbh, the closer to final exams the worse it will be, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and go to this one!! :smile:
Reply 405
Conditional offer from UCL for a PhD in Classics (condition is just that I obtain my master's lol)
I worry a bit though cause I need to accept the offer within 4 weeks. Problem is of course that in the end actually going will depend on the funding (and to be honest, if I was lucky enough to have a funded offer from Oxford, I would probably go there). Would it be too horrible of me if I accepted the offer, so that I will be considered for funding, and then decided based on the outcome for funding?

Congratulations!!
This is perfect, you couldnt have a better condition :smile:
Is it usual for admission officers to ask PhD applicants from Oxbridge only to obtain their masters? (without degree performance specification?)
Εύγε.
Original post by Spairos
Congratulations!!
This is perfect, you couldnt have a better condition :smile:
Is it usual for admission officers to ask PhD applicants from Oxbridge only to obtain their masters? (without degree performance specification?)
Εύγε.

I really don't know...I find this weird....does anyone know what the usual offer is for a PhD from UCL?

all it says is: This offer is made on the condition that you provide documentary evidence, such as an official final transcript, to confirm the award of your Masters degree as soon as you are able to
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 407
Original post by gardeniasandbooks
Thank you! I found out about my offer on Portico first, actually. It changed from "Currently Being Processed By Admissions" to "Conditional Offer".

I got an email from the department a week later saying that I had been recommended by the department head, and that admissions just had to approve the decision (which they already had). They said they'd be sending me an offer by snail mail, but since I'm currently away at school and not at home, I don't know if it's arrived yet. So for me the the offer sending was a little backwards, but I'm not complaining. :smile:

Have you heard yet? What program did you apply for?

Same with me, I saw it on portico first...a conditional offer as well! I applied for the MSc Public Policy program. Are you waiting to see if you get other offers before you accept? Or is UCL your top choice?
Reply 408
Hi guys, anyone who applied for MSc in Financial Mathematics?
Original post by achpolicy
Same with me, I saw it on portico first...a conditional offer as well! I applied for the MSc Public Policy program. Are you waiting to see if you get other offers before you accept? Or is UCL your top choice?

Top choice! I'm definitely going! :smile: You?
Reply 410
Original post by cocobubbles

Original post by cocobubbles
Mine is in Law and French, yours??

I suppose it will be a good idea to get a feel for the school and what the actual masters contains!! They might do another one, although tbh, the closer to final exams the worse it will be, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and go to this one!! :smile:

I did social work but graduated back in 2009 and been working since then doing various things. Maybe see you there then!
Just received a conditional offer for the MSc International Public Policy! Heard back two weeks after they had all my documents. Does anyone know much about this program? I knew enough to apply, but looking for some other insight. Thanks!
Original post by krogers3454
Just received a conditional offer for the MSc International Public Policy! Heard back two weeks after they had all my documents. Does anyone know much about this program? I knew enough to apply, but looking for some other insight. Thanks!

Congratulations!
I applied for IPP as well. My application became complete a week ago. Let's hope I hear back as quickly as you did!
Reply 413
Hey I've also applied to the IPP program

Same as you I don't know much about it, but the program seems well designed. I know UCL's Public Policy school is relatively new.

A part of me is wishing I had just done the regular Msc in Public Policy.
Reply 414
Hi guys, anyone who applied for LLM?
I got my offer through snail mail today. It confirms that the condition is just my Masters..I find this a bit weird. So basically even if I get the lowest mark possible, I still get to go?
Reply 416
I got my offer through snail mail today. It confirms that the condition is just my Masters..I find this a bit weird. So basically even if I get the lowest mark possible, I still get to go?

Congrats! you are all over....:smile:
Original post by lexterm
Congrats! you are all over....:smile:

all over what?? :tongue:
Reply 418
Original post by ClaireyG
Hi guys,

Just found this thread! I applied to the MSc in Cognitive Neuroscience last year, but deferred to this year (which I regret now seeing as the fees have gone up!).
Really excited to be starting at UCL in September, even if I am having a bit of a stress about how the hell I'm going to pay for tuition and afford to eat at the same time.

I got my undergrad back in 2008, but was offered a job in America, and my visa is up in September so I decided to stay here 'til the end of my visa and start my Masters a year later.

I was back in the UK at Christmas and explored the campus a bit, seeing as I'd never actually been, which made me even more excited to go back to uni! Seriously looking forward to September now. :smile:

Hi,

I'm in the Msc this year! Are you coming to the open house?
Reply 419

So no need to worry about marks :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending