Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spairos)
    So no need to worry about marks
    yeah I know...this is good! I still worry of course, as I know Oxford will ask for at least a 67.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk121)
    Hi,

I'm in the Msc this year! Are you coming to the open house?

Hi! Glad to meet another future neuroscientist! I'd really love to go to the open day but I live in Boston at the moment and won't be back in the UK until April when my work visa is up. Take notes for me if you're going Hope you enjoy the day!

Also, I'm really excited to start in September, the course still looks amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)
    all over what??
    over the Universities i meant...in all good sprits:banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexterm)
    over the Universities i meant...in all good sprits:banana:
    ah yeah...well...the big problem is funding, so unless they offer me that I find it difficult to be excited

ReputationRep:
    yeah I know...this is good! I still worry of course, as I know Oxford will ask for at least a 67.
    What are your marks so far?

ReputationRep:
    What are your marks so far?
    we are not given any marks in Oxford until the end of the year

ReputationRep:
    we are not given any marks in Oxford until the end of the year
    Oh, I didnt know that. Is this the same for all type of degrees given by Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didnt know that. Is this the same for all type of degrees given by Oxford?
    I don't think so, it's just my course. Even in my course, it depends on the modules you are taking. Some people should get some results by the beginning of March, but my courses are all out in June. This could be a good thing, as bad results would heavily affect my psychology, or a bad thing, as good results would heavily affect my psychology but for the better.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 71% in my 1st 2 years of bachelor's degree(India, economics honors). currently in the 3rd year. are there chances i might get an offer from UCL for Msc economics ?

ReputationRep:
    I ignore how good 71% is in India, so I can't really help you but if that is the top 10% of your cohort you will stand a good chance. You will need strong letters of recommendations too, but generally speaking your ability to secure strong letters is correlated to your academic results.

ReputationRep:
    I recently got an offer for MRes Speech, Language and Cognition. I submitted my application in July last year but they lost it!

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe people have submitted and got offers already, I just made the decision to do a masters now. Where do I start, is it too late guys? Please help.. i really want to do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 204060)
    I cant believe people have submitted and got offers already, I just made the decision to do a masters now. Where do I start, is it too late guys? Please help.. i really want to do this
    no. it is not too late.. no worries for that. You have until March.

ReputationRep:
    OKAY guys URGENT help needed from those who have offers already, do u pay a deposit (most unis ask for 10%) after you receive and accept an offer? question for masters applicants.
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripo)
    OKAY guys URGENT help needed from those who have offers already, do u pay a deposit (most unis ask for 10%) after you receive and accept an offer? question for masters applicants.
    Thank you in advance
    Usually it depends on the degree, not the Uni.
    Finance, and everything with the word "finance" in it, almost always has a deposit.
    So, you should probably specify.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I sent in my application for the MA in Linguistics 6 days ago and am anxiously awaiting the result now... Anyone else here who applied for this programme??

ReputationRep:
    A friend applied for neurolinguistics last year.

ReputationRep:
    hi there!! anyone in the MA cultural heritage??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripo)
    Thank you in advance
    I was wondering the same question as well, did you receive any email contents further information about school like tuition fee, accommodation application after you accepted you offer? i just accepted my offer yesterday and i thought i would get an email like that but i haven't got it so far

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you knew what you were doing for accommodation yet? I have been looking and haven't really found a good place to find flatmates yet. I have looked at prices for some studios but a flatmate or two would definitely make things cheaper. Anyone have a good website for finding other students as flatmates in London?

Waiting to hear back from LSE but UCL may just beat them out in the end.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.