Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHabc)
    Also, i have an offer from warwick for msc economics. How can i compare ucl and warwick as far as economics goes? Do both have career opportunities that are at par? Both need upper second class honors degree though.
    Warwick is higher ranked for Economics than UCL.
    However, it is in a very crappy location. If you do not mind location, it is a better school and graduates have better prospects (again, for Economics).

ReputationRep:
    hey I applied for MSc economics and got rejected. the portico states unsuccessful, does that mean i have been rejected for both economics policy and economics. or that only for MSc economics and they are still considering for the latter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.1991)
    hey I applied for MSc economics and got rejected. the portico states unsuccessful, does that mean i have been rejected for both economics policy and economics. or that only for MSc economics and they are still considering for the latter?
    When did you apply? Just curious, since I applied for MSc Economics on November 21 and still got nothing.

ReputationRep:
    HELP (( is anyone applying for biomedical science or any other related MSc? I dont know how to start my personal statement Im so stuck and scared

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

My application for the MA in History through SSEES was just completed yesterday. I had to wait for my fall semester grades and then my recommendation writers took their sweet time...

I'm American but with family connections to the UK, about to graduate from a well known liberal arts college (oxymoron?) with the equivalent of a first class degree (GPA: 3.968), spent a year at Oxford, etc.

Problem: I really only want to go to SSEES and only applied there. Was this foolish? Should I dash off an application to KCL? I really have my heart set on SSEES/UCL but I'm concerned its a longshot. Anyone have any figures about acceptances to postgrad programmes at SSEES? Anyone else applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redraaabbit)
    Hi all,

My application for the MA in History through SSEES was just completed yesterday. I had to wait for my fall semester grades and then my recommendation writers took their sweet time...

I'm American but with family connections to the UK, about to graduate from a well known liberal arts college (oxymoron?) with the equivalent of a first class degree (GPA: 3.968), spent a year at Oxford, etc.

Problem: I really only want to go to SSEES and only applied there. Was this foolish? Should I dash off an application to KCL? I really have my heart set on SSEES/UCL but I'm concerned its a longshot. Anyone have any figures about acceptances to postgrad programmes at SSEES? Anyone else applying?
    Sure it's not a 3.9687676 GPA? Jeez. Relax and take it easy, you're obviously not an average applicant.

As for hedging - yes. Apply to other universities as well. It's (always) a smart thing to do, and not only when dealing with university applications..

ReputationRep:
    probably both i'm afraid. but always email them to check.

ReputationRep:
    Are both UCL and Lse equally particular about taking in people for Msc economics?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Does anyone know how long it will take for UCL to get back to you when you have talked about a "quicker application process". I'll have to apply for bursaries and so the administrators told me that they would "speed up the process". Did anyone else have this as well? And how long did it take UCL in general to respond to an application? Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne-Mette)
    Hey! Does anyone know how long it will take for UCL to get back to you when you have talked about a "quicker application process". I'll have to apply for bursaries and so the administrators told me that they would "speed up the process". Did anyone else have this as well? And how long did it take UCL in general to respond to an application? Thanks so much!
    it really depends, mine took about 1 month to get me a phone interview request and another 1 month to wait for the interview day and another 1 week to get my offer, which was an insanely long process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iw974315)
    it really depends, mine took about 1 month to get me a phone interview request and another 1 month to wait for the interview day and another 1 week to get my offer, which was an insanely long process.
    O no... I really hope it won't take that long... That way I'll miss all of the deadlines for bursaries Also, I just want to know... Not knowing is killing me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janjanmmm)
    When did you apply? Just curious, since I applied for MSc Economics on November 21 and still got nothing.
    Hey, I applied in January sometime. I guess its a good sign that they haven't reverted back to you yet. All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jansenkoh)
    probably both i'm afraid. but always email them to check.
    Okay I'll do that. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied in January sometime. I guess its a good sign that they haven't reverted back to you yet. All the best!
    Thanks.
    I guess they decided not to make positive decision(s) until the last moment, when they will know exactly what the competition is, and only send rejections now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk121)
    Hi,

I'm in the Msc this year! Are you coming to the open house?
    Wow have you already received an offer or are you deferred?

"The early application deadline for our MSc is the 15th February 2012. We will review all the applications we have received together after this date and aim to inform applicants if their application has been successful as soon as we can."

ReputationRep:
    To those of you who applied to the MSI department. How long did it take you to hear back after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icfan)
    Wow have you already received an offer or are you deferred?

"The early application deadline for our MSc is the 15th February 2012. We will review all the applications we have received together after this date and aim to inform applicants if their application has been successful as soon as we can."

I applied last year and was offered a place but decided to defer and start this September. I wanted to work to the end of my visa in America (runs out at the beginning of September).

I think it was March last year when I heard back from the department, so you should hear soon. Did you go to the open day in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireyG)
    I applied last year and was offered a place but decided to defer and start this September. I wanted to work to the end of my visa in America (runs out at the beginning of September).

I think it was March last year when I heard back from the department, so you should hear soon. Did you go to the open day in the end?
    Hm, since I am non-UK student I did not even think about it. Oh wow, March...
    Is it easy in fact to find a internship in neuroscience/psychology in the US without being resident - some ads I have checked mention that they cannot accept non-residents.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to submit my application...I'm too scared to send it off, as I KNOW there will be loads of errors/typos and whatever else.
    But really, I've been sitting on this for ages, so I need to send the damn thing before it gets too late.

Good luck to everyone applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renegade Dagger)
    I'm about to submit my application...I'm too scared to send it off, as I KNOW there will be loads of errors/typos and whatever else.
    But really, I've been sitting on this for ages, so I need to send the damn thing before it gets too late.

Good luck to everyone applying.
    Good luck there!
    And yes send it, don't worry too much about typos.
    What did you apply for?

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.