Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    There should be a 'view' button under the Active Applications bit. Click on that and you'll be on the Programme Home Page. At the top, there's a bit which says 'Referees' which will allow you to see whether or not your references have been uploaded. You can also view your application form on the Programme Home Page.
    Hi, thanks for replying. I'm still a little stumped as there isn't a button for 'view'. Did yours appear automatically when you could log into portico for the first time?

Also, I was never directed to the page where you had to pay the processing fee. However, I have the emails saying thank you for completing your application and that the references have been sent in? Why is it never straight forward?
    Should I email them asking about my portico page?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny345)
    Hi, thanks for replying. I'm still a little stumped as there isn't a button for 'view'. Did yours appear automatically when you could log into portico for the first time?

Also, I was never directed to the page where you had to pay the processing fee. However, I have the emails saying thank you for completing your application and that the references have been sent in? Why is it never straight forward?
    Should I email them asking about my portico page?

Thanks!
    So you don't get something like this? Name:  portico.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  23.8 KB

Yep mine appeared as soon as I could first access Portico.

Hm, that is a little odd that you didn't have to pay the fee though. It's possible that it's just an error on their part (although I don't know how they managed to screw this one up!) Wait until Monday - if you still don't get the 'View' button then send them an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    So you don't get something like this? Name:  portico.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  23.8 KB

Yep mine appeared as soon as I could first access Portico.

Hm, that is a little odd that you didn't have to pay the fee though. It's possible that it's just an error on their part (although I don't know how they managed to screw this one up!) Wait until Monday - if you still don't get the 'View' button then send them an email.
    I was surprised. I was expecting the fee to come through in another email, but nothing. My portico page looks like the picture you posted just with no view button or offer status. Just all the info on the left.

I have had the application sent, with a message from UCL saying they have my second reference, since the 13th Feb. I'll probably give them a ring on Monday and see whats happening. Thanks for your help. Hope all your applications are going well. I just wish I knew the result of all of mine now.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied to UCL a few weeks ago and have access to Portico. The email, which said I had access to the site, said I could track my application, change my contact details and see the status of my references. I know that both of my references have been sent, but there is nothing on the portico page to say they are there. Just under 'active applications' is the course I have applied for?

Any ideas?
    If you haven t paid the process fee probably thats why you can not track your app. Didn t you get any e mail saing that you have to pay.?
    When I submitted mine I hadn t paid and they sent me an e mail saying my application has been completed and there was one reference missing and payment. But i don t remember if there was a view button tbh at that time//

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmk)
    If you haven t paid the process fee probably thats why you can not track your app. Didn t you get any e mail saing that you have to pay.?
    When I submitted mine I hadn t paid and they sent me an e mail saying my application has been completed and there was one reference missing and payment. But i don t remember if there was a view button tbh at that time//
    There wasn't anything at any point about paying the fee. Just completed the application form, statement, referee details etc and then off it went. I'll ring them on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised. I was expecting the fee to come through in another email, but nothing. My portico page looks like the picture you posted just with no view button or offer status. Just all the info on the left.

I have had the application sent, with a message from UCL saying they have my second reference, since the 13th Feb. I'll probably give them a ring on Monday and see whats happening. Thanks for your help. Hope all your applications are going well. I just wish I knew the result of all of mine now.
    I think I paid for mine straight after I submitted the application (but before references were received) and I received an email with a link to pay online. Have you received that yet? It might just be a case of needing to pay before you can see your application.

ReputationRep:
    Just got conditional offer for MSc Public Policy, about two weeks after application was complete. Very happy with this, trying to decide whether to accept or take the MA at King's.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I applied for a MSc a few days ago and I'm now preparing another application for a MSc related to the first. I have good reasons for applying to both, and I can clearly express them in the personal statement.

My problem is: UCL states no reference can be used two times, but says nothing about referees. My supervisor is strongly supporting me and my perspectives, so he would have no problem writing a second reference. Is this possibile? Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

PS: sorry for my english

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to make a facebook group for UCL students and offer holders for 2012/2013? I saw someone made one for LSE and thought it would be a good idea, but I can't make one without inviting people to the group and since I don't know anyone else going to UCL personally, I can't make one myself. I can make one if others want. Add me on facebook- http://www.facebook.com/Kyle.M.Rogers and I can start from there and post the link here.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever got rejected after the informal interview with UCL ?

I have done the interview and still waiting for the result. So excited whether I would get an offer or not.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krogers3454)
    Anyone want to make a facebook group for UCL students and offer holders for 2012/2013? I saw someone made one for LSE and thought it would be a good idea, but I can't make one without inviting people to the group and since I don't know anyone else going to UCL personally, I can't make one myself. I can make one if others want. Add me on facebook- http://www.facebook.com/Kyle.M.Rogers and I can start from there and post the link here.

Yeah! I'd join that group, might be good to have somewhere to chat to other new students before we all rock up in September.

ReputationRep:
    Is it still to late to apply for an MA course?

ReputationRep:
    Good idea, but I will wait till I actually get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Here is the facebook group for offer holders/future students for anyone interested. I haven't made one of these before, but I think everyone can join they just have to be approved (helps to keep only serious people in the group). If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix it. http://www.facebook.com/groups/195647687203084/

ReputationRep:
    Hey Kyle Great idea, I just sent a request. By the way... Awesome taste in music and favourite movie, it's like looking in a mirror haha

ReputationRep:
    Here is the facebook group for offer holders/future students for anyone interested. I haven't made one of these before, but I think everyone can join they just have to be approved (helps to keep only serious people in the group). If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix it. http://www.facebook.com/groups/195647687203084/
    great idea, ive just sent request. x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got offers for MSc Globalisation and MSc Global Migration (can't decide ...)
    Anyone else have applied for (Human) Geography masters?

I've also sent a request Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi all ..Anybody from The Barlett??
    I am a recent B.Arch graduate from India and have been here in uk since last 5 months..Because of the current situation of the construction industry due to recession,trying to find a job as an intern has ended up fruitless..Im planning to do a pg this year and I have 2 options..either the barlett or Newcastle university..Can any one of you please tell me about the Advanced Architecture studies course of the Barlett...Going through the course modules Ive found it to be quite Interesting...
    Could anyone tell me how good will be the Job Opportunities once I complete this course..Cos I dont want to end up unemployed as I am now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cayenechilli)
    Hi everyone,

I was invited to the informal interview of Msc Technology Entrepreneurship of MSI department. Has anyone had an experience on this.

How long do you guys have to wait before the result comes. Do they normally do this as a standard or for the potential applicant.

Please share if you have experience on this as I really want to take this course.

Thank you !
    Hi,

The interview was just a casual one. I had taken it on 3 February, I got the conditional offer today. So it takes around 20 days.

Keep an eye on portico, as the offer is updated there first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFCDRM)
    Hey, guys!

Just got an offer for the MSc in technology entrepreneurship!

Profile: Warwick PPE
    Offer: lower second class honours
    Hey,

I just an offer for MSc in Technology Enrepreneurship.
    Have you accepted your offer ?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.