The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rajavel07
Hi,

The interview was just a casual one. I had taken it on 3 February, I got the conditional offer today. So it takes around 20 days.

Keep an eye on portico, as the offer is updated there first.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. So glad to hear from someone applying to the same course. And Congrats!! Will you accept the offer because I think it's very interesting course in term of entrepreneurship.

Now i'm so excited whether i will get the offer or not. Again, thanks for your advice. Hope we meet at UCL.
Reply 521
Both references uploaded.....
and now waiting:smokin:
Reply 522
Just received an offer for MSc Management.

So excited!

I´m between that and King´s (MA Creative Industries)

I know the two courses are very different, but I come from a media business background, hence my interest in both programmes.

I will probably go for UCL, as the course has a lot more to add to my Communications undergraduate degree.
Reply 523
Just received an offer for MSc Statistics! :biggrin:

However I have offers from Warwick, Lancaster, Imperial, LSE, Nottingham, UCL
and I have been waiting to hear back from Oxbridge, so I am in a big dilemma...
Reply 524
Original post by Ghost6
Statistics.

Congratulations!
I have been offered a place for Statistics too.
Have you applied to other universities as well?
Reply 525
only the econs applications are taking forever!
Reply 526
Original post by eduleal
Just received an offer for MSc Management.

So excited!

I´m between that and King´s (MA Creative Industries)

I know the two courses are very different, but I come from a media business background, hence my interest in both programmes.

I will probably go for UCL, as the course has a lot more to add to my Communications undergraduate degree.

I got accepted for MA creative industries in King's as well, was between this and MA cultural heritage in UCL, but I finally made up my mind to go to UCL:smile:
Original post by jansenkoh
only the econs applications are taking forever!

I think they are waiting for a deadline on March 1, and after that will compare everybody who applied and make decisions.
Reply 528
Original post by janjanmmm
I think they are waiting for a deadline on March 1, and after that will compare everybody who applied and make decisions.

alrights..hopefully it's a positive reply...anyway 1 march is round the corner anyway...
Reply 529
Original post by jansenkoh
alrights..hopefully it's a positive reply...anyway 1 march is round the corner anyway...

Indeed you don't have to wait much
Reply 530
hey, i completely screwed up my interview... like badly.. i mean its the worst interview they would have received in years.
chances are over for sure.. do you guys think i should email them or something ?
Reply 531
anyone got an offer for Mathematical Modelling or for Financial Mathematics?
Reply 532
Original post by rohitbose
hey, i completely screwed up my interview... like badly.. i mean its the worst interview they would have received in years.
chances are over for sure.. do you guys think i should email them or something ?

Why to e-mail them?
Reply 533
Original post by Spairos
Why to e-mail them?

hmmm, maybe ask them if there's another alternative or something.
if UCL rejects me ( most certainly ) then ill have to go with Management From manchester (i already have an offer )
lemme knwo what you think !!
if UCL rejects me ( most certainly ) then ill have to go with Management From manchester (i already have an offer )

alternative to what? If they decide to reject you, then that's it. I am sorry you screwed up your interview, but there is nothing you can do now.
Reply 535
Original post by *Corinna*
alternative to what? If they decide to reject you, then that's it. I am sorry you screwed up your interview, but there is nothing you can do now.

Damn.
Can Manchester be compared to UCL for Management btw ?
Reply 536

Manchester isn't bad.
Yes, like Corrina said there is nothing you can do now about the interview, but even if you didn't do well there is still chance to be applied, remember that they won't decide on accepting you by only looking at your interview's performance.
Reply 537
Damn.
Can Manchester be compared to UCL for Management btw ?

Yes. I don't believe that UCL is better for Management. I think that Manchester has a business school and it is really good. As a university , UCL is much better. Depends what you want. If you want a really good uni then UCL , but for courses like management and business I think Manchester is better..

My opinion is to email them, saying that when are you going to have their decision and whether or not they make their decision based on the interview. something like that. I don't know what you have to write in that email but I guess you can try to speak to them and let them know that you really want to go there and you are waiting their decision.

If you want to study in london, apply to other unis. KCL, CASS, IMPERIAL or ICMA(reading university).
Reply 538
Original post by zziippoo
Yes. I don't believe that UCL is better for Management. I think that Manchester has a business school and it is really good. As a university , UCL is much better. Depends what you want. If you want a really good uni then UCL , but for courses like management and business I think Manchester is better..

My opinion is to email them, saying that when are you going to have their decision and whether or not they make their decision based on the interview. something like that. I don't know what you have to write in that email but I guess you can try to speak to them and let them know that you really want to go there and you are waiting their decision.

If you want to study in london, apply to other unis. KCL, CASS, IMPERIAL or ICMA(reading university).

Thanks :smile: somehow this post relieved me of allot of worries.
Okay guys, I am a nearly an applicant at the moment. I am really struggling with my personal statement. I am applying for Project and Enterprise Management and I really want to get in. Any tips, advice, ANYTHING would be helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending