Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AUBstudent)
    Did anyone tried calling the economics dep. at UCL to see whats wrong ? i tried twice, but nobody answered so i got transfered to a voicemail so i asked the admissions guy whether i should be worried that i haven't heard from the dep. and he said they will need few more weeks to get back to all applicants !! aren't they supposed to make all offers before the open day??
    I emailed them on Monday, but the only response I got was auto-message saying that they have "large volume of emails" and will not answer any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    M Sc Management.. anyone else considering taking up the course ? PM me.

ReputationRep:
    It's been 4 weeks with "Application Completed". Hopefully they'll be swift about the decision. Don't want to have "Processing Application" for another 2 weeks

Anyone else to the Bartlett?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonno)
    It's been 4 weeks with "Application Completed". Hopefully they'll be swift about the decision. Don't want to have "Processing Application" for another 2 weeks

Anyone else to the Bartlett?
    when the status is "processing application", they give the result in a day or two.

ReputationRep:
    any news for financial mathematics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smush61)
    any news for financial mathematics?
    My friend just got an offer last week. I think she waited for 3-4 weeks after her application was fully submitted.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone!

I got an conditional offer from UCL MSc in Economic Policy. Anyone knows about this course or have the same offer?

ReputationRep:
    anyone for MSc Management ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunkie)
    Can I ask you guys why you have gone for the masters? Are you looking to get a Training Contract? And what you would chose out of LSE, Kings or UCL. Any info would be great
    Im doing my masters to get more expertise in commercial law (my chosen field). i also think it will look good on my CV

i also have an unconditional offer from Kings. i think i'll accept it ifi can withdraw with no repercussions![/QUOTE]

Yea I have the same offer, I called them and asked them as they have a one month deadline for a response. They told me to just accept as I could withdraw it and reapply without any repercussions so I've accepted Kings now. But I would rather go to UCL or LSE, preferably LSE because of course structure.

(Original post by Dubie)
    I'm doing the LLM because I want some overseas academic experience before pursuing a PhD. I'm not sure how I'd choose between LSE, Kings, and UCL. I guess it would depend on your area of interest. I had a look at all 3 and decided only to apply to UCL (of those 3, I applied to other unis) because its course offerings and structure suited me best. I don't think you could really go wrong with any of those , so any decision will be a good one. LSE did seem to have quite swish grad accommodation from memory, so that could be a factor

I'll be declining my UCL offer though, as Cambridge and University of Toronto are currently battling for my affection. I hope you get a decision soon
    Oh wow, I'm sure either would be great! Good luck (Downing college is the most renowned for law at Cambridge)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter_zhang)
    Hi, everyone!

I got an conditional offer from UCL MSc in Economic Policy. Anyone knows about this course or have the same offer?
    Hey! I applied for this course but I haven't heard anything back yet! When did you submit your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter_zhang)
    Hi, everyone!

This is applied economics course which was basically introduced because too many people found straight Econ at UCL to be too challenging. It is not intended for people who want to go into PhD, except perhaps applied Econ PhD. Much less math, emphasis not on mathematical proofs but on real life application of the theory.

When did you apply and when did you get an offer? Can you give us your timeline and your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me an insight on their MSc Management course or anyone having the same offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janjanmmm)
    This is applied economics course which was basically introduced because too many people found straight Econ at UCL to be too challenging. It is not intended for people who want to go into PhD, except perhaps applied Econ PhD. Much less math, emphasis not on mathematical proofs but on real life application of the theory.

When did you apply and when did you get an offer? Can you give us your timeline and your stats?
    I submitted on 15th Dec, reference letters were received on 20th. I checked UCL website on 7th March and received the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAIIK)
    Congrats! How do they inform u? You see your status change on the online system or they just drop u an email? I am also applying for msc in cs dept.
    Hey..best of luck! In my case they updated the status in portico saying 'conditional offer'.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows whether we have to pay a deposit if we accept the offer? I have been offered a place at UCL and have to make my decision before next week, but I'm still waiting to hear from other programmes. Can I just accept it and change my mind later if I have to?

ReputationRep:
    Just to let everyone who applied for MSc Economics know:
    I emailed the admissions and asked what is up with the application, since I have been waiting since end of November.
    Here is their reply:

Dear *****

Thank you for your email. Your application is currently with the Economics Department for consideration and as yet no final decision has been made. The Economics Department are unusual in their selection process as they usually wait until the application deadline before making the bulk of their decisions.

To receive a further status update please contact the administrator for your course, Tina Fowler at [email protected].

Kind regards,

Katie Britton

UCL Admissions
    So basically that confirms that many of us suspected - they make most of the decisions after March 1, when the application period closes.
    Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janjanmmm)
    Just to let everyone who applied for MSc Economics know:
    I emailed the admissions and asked what is up with the application, since I have been waiting since end of November.
    Here is their reply:

So basically that confirms that many of us suspected - they make most of the decisions after March 1, when the application period closes.
    Best of luck to everyone!
    But since some of the applicants got offers for Econ already, does that mean that those that have not got replies have little hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jansenkoh)
    But since some of the applicants got offers for Econ already, does that mean that those that have not got replies have little hope?
    Thanks for sharing that e-mail, btw! It has helped calm my nerves. Anyway, I don't think it's time to lose hope yet! I'm sure some people have heard back already because they were just on the top of the pile and they're working their way down to everyone. Some people have already gotten rejections, too, so because we haven't heard yet doesn't really mean anything, I think. But if anyone knows anything officially let us know! All us Econ people are going crazy.

ReputationRep:
    If there was "little hope" then you would have already been rejected.
    I dont mind waiting but Id like to have a firm yes or no decision just so I can begin planning for my exams and for next year.

edit: also thanks for the info janjanmmm

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all. As far as I understand, they hardly looked at applications before the deadline, only exceptional applicants got offers, while only the ones who have no chance got rejected. Everyone else will get decisions more or less together, so until you see a waterfall of decisions rolling past you should not worry. So far I only saw one or two people.

And- everyone is welcome

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.