Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the Politics and Security track
    Language-Russian
    HSE, Moscow here too

I think I read your comment only which said 4 scholarships for category A and B respectively...it is too less...So I don't really think that I stand a chance.

Anyway...Good luck! keep me posted about the developments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhax)
    I applied to the Politics and Security track
    Language-Russian
    HSE, Moscow here too

I think I read your comment only which said 4 scholarships for category A and B respectively...it is too less...So I don't really think that I stand a chance.

Anyway...Good luck! keep me posted about the developments.
    OMG, SOMEONE IS APPLYING!

are you defo going there or still not sure?
    Moscow is soooooo expensive

I don't think I will get a scholarship either. If there are 'hundreds' of applications for them, don't think I stand much chance (I submitted my application very late and didnot write much under 'topic for second year dissertation', you know, the very last section). I don't even know now what I want to focus on!

Let's hope though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical huskies)
    I applied to the same program and am sitting on my hands waiting for their decision. When did you apply and how long did it take to receive your offer?

And congratulations!
    Cheers. I applied near the end of January and received a response by mid Marchish. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Lol...Exactly!!...... when they said hundreds of applications came in, I searched such student groups and hardly found people talking about it :/...also...same here, I did not know much to write on the topic of dissertation...I mean c'mon...it is something we can only decide on once we read and study extensively.

I think you are from one of the European Nations, so for you Russia might be expensive, but if I get in, I'm dreading London's living expenses, Russia falls pretty neat on my exchange rate though.

It is absolutely essential that I get that scholarship or else I don't think I'll make it, even if I do get an offer...
    ...on that note...have you received your offer yet? 'cause I haven't received any form of communication on it...even though I applied in the first week of April.

Hoping against hope though

ReputationRep:
    I'll hopefully be applying next year! Good luck to all of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agrote77)
    I applied to the Politics and Security track.
    great! Which country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhax)
    Lol...Exactly!!...... when they said hundreds of applications came in, I searched such student groups and hardly found people talking about it :/...also...same here, I did not know much to write on the topic of dissertation...I mean c'mon...it is something we can only decide on once we read and study extensively.

I think you are from one of the European Nations, so for you Russia might be expensive, but if I get in, I'm dreading London's living expenses, Russia falls pretty neat on my exchange rate though.

It is absolutely essential that I get that scholarship or else I don't think I'll make it, even if I do get an offer...
    ...on that note...have you received your offer yet? 'cause I haven't received any form of communication on it...even though I applied in the first week of April.

Hoping against hope though
    hello. Yes, i got an offer:applied in March, received the offer at the end of april. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that's nearly right on their 6 week quote. Thanks.

The online app portal status just changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions." Nerve racking. Perhaps this status change means a decision is coming soon? Can anyone confirm of deny this based on their experience?

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

I just got an unconditional offer for MSc Security Studies!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!

Time to pop bottles, and wait for LSE & Kings to make a final decision, but poppin' bottles all the same!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I just a conditional offer for Comparative Literature, although I applied for English: Issues in Modern Culture. I'm a bit startled since I did not apply for that course but apparently they liked my resume. Is this normal? And does anyone have input on the comparative literature programme?

ReputationRep:

Time to pop bottles, and wait for LSE & Kings to make a final decision, but poppin' bottles all the same!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, there I applied to Politics and Security track, second year Serbia

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for non native english speakers: did you all meet the english langiuage requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmk)
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:

Congrats! Did you do War Studies or Conflict at Kings? I did the latter and turned that down. Applied to Security at LSE but they lost my references so by the time the replacements were processed (I'm intl) it would have been past my deadline for UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I applied for Comparative Politics (Conflict Studies) at LSE and International Relations at Kings. I'll turn down Kings and probably accept LSE if either offer considering their respective reputations. Extremely pleased to be holding an offer from UCL though.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I have applied and get offer for IMESS Business and Economics. Second year Estonia. Yeah, 4 scholarships are just very few.

ReputationRep:
    Hey anyone going for a masters at the bartlett or the development planning unit? can anyone tell me their thoughts about it? the department seems rather small, but as far as I know they prepare most of UN-HABITAT reports on world cities! I was admitted to a Msc in Environment and Sustainable Development

also, how do you think the study of geography in ucl compares to other unis in britain?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    Hello!
    I applied for the same programme, but my second year country is Russia.
    Where did you apply?

I waited much longer for an offer.
    Did they write you need a 2:1 in the offer letter?
    Congrats!!! My second year is Estonia.
    No. They just wrote that I should get an overall average mark of at least 70%.

ReputationRep:
    Just received a conditional offer for MSc Public Policy Probably going to take the KCL offer instead, but might see you guys around in September.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.