Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well I just got told we will know about the scholarship outcome in June, after we receive our results. Since there have been "very strong" applications, we will have towait longer. I hate when I am told this, feel like it is an automatic rejection. Just glad I have an insurance choice elsewhere (and a cheaper master).

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    Hello, there I applied to Politics and Security track, second year Serbia
    diod you receive an offer?
    Still possible to apply for non-funded places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hovgoro)
    Hello. I have applied and get offer for IMESS Business and Economics. Second year Estonia. Yeah, 4 scholarships are just very few.
    good luck. I am mentally preparing myself to enrolling on another course.Can't afford the fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    good luck. I am mentally preparing myself to enrolling on another course.Can't afford the fees.
    Good luck to you, hope you'll get the financial help you need.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! ^^^

Does the Department of War Studies at KCL have a better reputation than UCL's Department of Political Science? I'm under the impression that UCL ranks higher as an institution and in politics.

(I know it sounds like a vain question but that does matter a bit when applying for PhD programs or getting interviews etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical huskies)
    Congrats! ^^^

Does the Department of War Studies at KCL have a better reputation than UCL's Department of Political Science? I'm under the impression that UCL ranks higher as an institution and in politics.

(I know it sounds like a vain question but that does matter a bit when applying for PhD programs or getting interviews etc.)
    Short answer - yes, the War Studies dept ranks higher.

UCL on the whole ranks higher than KCL but the War Studies dept itself is one of the best there is.

I would give you a longer answer but I'm far too tired at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the insight. Apparently I might need to do a bit more research and rethink my stance on Kings v UCL should I receive an offer from the former. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical huskies)
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

I just got an unconditional offer for MSc Security Studies!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!

Time to pop bottles, and wait for LSE & Kings to make a final decision, but poppin' bottles all the same!!!!!
    Congrats! Me too!

I also have two offers from King's (Intelligence & International Security / Conflict, Security & Development) and one from Edinburgh (Global Crime, Security & Justice).

Finding it very difficult to decide.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I just wanted to post a message on this thread to introduce myself - I will be studying the Publishing MA at UCL starting in September

Stacey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staceyriley)
    Hello,

I just wanted to post a message on this thread to introduce myself - I will be studying the Publishing MA at UCL starting in September

Stacey.
    Hi Stacey! Nice to hear from someone who got into the course too Where are you from?

I look forward to meeting you in September!

Melissa

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!! My second year is Estonia.
    No. They just wrote that I should get an overall average mark of at least 70%.
    I applied for the IMESS program too. How long did you wait for the offer? And did you meet the English language requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    diod you receive an offer?
    Still possible to apply for non-funded places.
    Not yet. I guess it's too early. I applied April 26.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the IMESS program too. How long did you wait for the offer? And did you meet the English language requirements?
    I have applied for the program on January and get offer on February, after just 3-4 weeks.
    Yeah, I meet the English language requirements (IELTS 7)
    What about you? Are you waiting for the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissa38)
    Hi Stacey! Nice to hear from someone who got into the course too Where are you from?

I look forward to meeting you in September!

Melissa
    Hi Melissa,

Looking forward to meeting you too. I am so excited for this course. I am from Kent, South East England. I think I will be living at home and commuting to London. How about you?

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for the program on January and get offer on February, after just 3-4 weeks.
    Yeah, I meet the English language requirements (IELTS 7)
    What about you? Are you waiting for the offer?
    I applied two weeks ago, I have 95 points on the toefl and I am waiting for them to inform me on my application status. Did you get scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    I applied two weeks ago, I have 95 points on the toefl and I am waiting for them to inform me on my application status. Did you get scholarship?
    I have no information about scholarships yet. Hope to get one)

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!
    i applied for imess too! politics and security track, second year in moscow.

I'm anxiously awaiting for the results. i think my world is gonna collapse i don't get in :/

how long did you have to wait for your results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilkku)
    hey guys!
    i applied for imess too! politics and security track, second year in moscow.

I'm anxiously awaiting for the results. i think my world is gonna collapse i don't get in :/

how long did you have to wait for your results?
    i think one month. I applied for another program at UCL afterwards, but they replied to this one much later.

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

btw, does anyone have an educated guess about the extended deadline for applications, could it be that they haven't received enough good applications?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I applied for the Economics and Business track on Apr 26. I got an unconditional offer on May 10.
    I guess the decisions are made faster after the Apr 27 deadline.

Any ideas when the scholarship results are released?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.