Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAIIK)
    Anyone knows can we actually apply for more than one program? Cuz I can only choose one when I am applying... do I need to create another account and pay another extra fee and go through the whole process again if I want to apply for two different programs?
    I dont think you have to create a new account, but you definitely have to pay the fee twice if you apply for two courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I applied to MSc Management too. Yeah I was wondering how long it takes for a reply. It says it can take up to 6 weeks.
    I got an offer after nearly 5 weeks, but I phoned them asking for a decision pronto as I had an opportunity elsewhere (job offer) which I needed to decide on. It came through formally (on Portico) last week, 6 weeks exactly.

ReputationRep:
    My application was completed (references, payments the lot!) on 5th November and my offer came through to Portico on 11th November with my letter coming 14th November.
    I can't believe how quick it was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNye)
    My application was completed (references, payments the lot!) on 5th November and my offer came through to Portico on 11th November with my letter coming 14th November.
    I can't believe how quick it was!
    what course did you apply to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teludaa)
    I got an offer after nearly 5 weeks, but I phoned them asking for a decision pronto as I had an opportunity elsewhere (job offer) which I needed to decide on. It came through formally (on Portico) last week, 6 weeks exactly.
    Nice one.

ReputationRep:
    Among all the places I applied to UCL has the most user friendly application form and the most effective board of graduate studies / admission committees. I also got an answer after roughly 5 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teludaa)
    you mean 6 weeks after you submitted and application? how about the interview? I thought it's a must? Anyway have you decided whether to take the offer or not?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why I have to go to an interview while other students have been offered places without any interviews. Mabye MSc Management has a large volume of applicants this year?

Also the word "shortlist" is starting to scare me now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK237)
    I wonder why I have to go to an interview while other students have been offered places without any interviews. Mabye MSc Management has a large volume of applicants this year?

Also the word "shortlist" is starting to scare me now.
    Do not worry.. i just want to ask you if you have a managerial background. are you at uni? which uni and what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    i have send my application form from 24th of Oct and I am still waiting the second reference. I emailed my referee he said is ok and that he will do it.. still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zziippoo)
    i have send my application form from 24th of Oct and I am still waiting the second reference. I emailed my referee he said is ok and that he will do it.. still waiting
    Sucks for you. I had a famous referee in mind but eventually decided against asking him because I knew it would take months and at least ten reminders to get him to post the reference.

ReputationRep:
    Do not worry.. i just want to ask you if you have a managerial background. are you at uni? which uni and what are you studying?
    I am studying BSc Economics and Accountancy (third year) at City University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK237)
    I am studying BSc Economics and Accountancy (third year) at City University.
    i know that ucl divide the student into two categories. The people who come from management background and the people who studied something else. A girl who applied on this course, told me that. She spoke with the admission team and she asked if it is worth to study msc in management since she is studying management. then the admission office explained to her how the department works.

so ucl might ask students with non-managerial background for an interview.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for a PhD in Classics

Good luck to us all

ReputationRep:
    i know that ucl divide the student into two categories. The people who come from management background and the people who studied something else. A girl who applied on this course, told me that. She spoke with the admission team and she asked if it is worth to study msc in management since she is studying management. then the admission office explained to her how the department works.

so ucl might ask students with non-managerial background for an interview.
    So do you know if they ask management related questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK237)
    So do you know if they ask management related questions?
    No. my friend has an interview in one week.. i do not know...did you apply to other universities? where?

ReputationRep:
    No. my friend has an interview in one week.. i do not know...did you apply to other universities? where?
    I was planning on applying to other universities but I received a response from UCL so fast that I now have to prepare for that interview and don't have time at the moment to apply to other universities as I have coursework and exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK237)
    I was planning on applying to other universities but I received a response from UCL so fast that I now have to prepare for that interview and don't have time at the moment to apply to other universities as I have coursework and exams
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinc10)
    you mean 6 weeks after you submitted and application? how about the interview? I thought it's a must? Anyway have you decided whether to take the offer or not?
    6 weeks after everything was confirmed as received - payment, referees, etc. I think I am going to decline the UCL offer and go to King's, not 100% sure yet, though.

ReputationRep:

Same here dude. I sent mine on 17th of Oct..........It's so annoying........ I have already reminded him 4-5 times.............

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.