Turn on thread page Beta

Rank about Halifax... or am I an idiot? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm a bit upset with Halifax and I just want to know if, in fact, I'm in the wrong.

So I already have an account with them but I want to open another one. I had an appointment at 1.30pm but was only seen at 2pm, and even though he apologised, it doesn't change the fact that I lost 30mins of my time.

I presented two forms of ID: my passport and my provisional.

Now, let's pretend my full name is Jessie Marie Ronna Ronald McDonald. My passport would contain the full name but my provisional would have only Jessie Marie Ronald McDonald. I was then told that because of this, I wouldn't be allowed to open an account. Since I moved here, I took that part of my surname out so it doesnt seem so big and it makes my life easier in every way. I do understand that I'm not supposed to chop a part of my surname just because I feel like it but since I sent my passport in order to get my provisional, it should show that there isn't a big problem out of this. Plus, I do it filling in pretty much everything.

I was also told that I should send my provisional and tell them to rectify my surname but I think those guys at the bank were just making my life harder

So what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    TROLL!

ReputationRep:
    It's the halifax. this is the bank that changed the terms of my blind husbands bank account so he could only use a cashpoint and couldn't get counter service, that wouldn't change his address in the bank but would only send the change of address form to our old address and then point blank refused to allow him to change his account to one he could actually access. Walked over to natwest and he had no problem.

My point is basically they don't care. You have to jump through so many hoops if you don't fit in their boxes it's not worth the effort! You shouldn't have to reapply for your provisional to provide ID - especially if you've already got an account with them.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're an idiot, that's what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helentinkletoes)
    It's the halifax. this is the bank that changed the terms of my blind husbands bank account so he could only use a cashpoint and couldn't get counter service, that wouldn't change his address in the bank but would only send the change of address form to our old address and then point blank refused to allow him to change his account to one he could actually access. Walked over to natwest and he had no problem.

My point is basically they don't care. You have to jump through so many hoops if you don't fit in their boxes it's not worth the effort! You shouldn't have to reapply for your provisional to provide ID - especially if you've already got an account with them.
    so because you had a bad experience the halifax are also in the wrong in this case? that doesn't make sense.

the identity fraud risk is not worth it for the bank. completely understandable what they did in the OP's case.

ReputationRep:
    There's basically different names on the forms of I.D. They've done nothing wrong imo.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.