The Student Room Group

Is telling them how you feel really the best option?

People often say that the best thing to do if you like someone is just to tell them upfront that you like them.

But doesn't this somewhat remove the mystery/ the chase/ wondering if they really like you, which is what makes it exciting, rather than clingy?
Reply 1
Telling someone you like them doesn't remove the chase, it just adds to it, as it gets rid of the uncertainty and the fear of not knowing. If the person returns your favour, then the chase comes next. I personally think letting someone know is a good thing to do, as it allows them to reciprocate, deliberate or reject depending on how they feel. If it's the last of those, then that frees me to move on and go after someone else, if I am so inclined.
Original post by imperial maniac
People often say that the best thing to do if you like someone is just to tell them upfront that you like them.

But doesn't this somewhat remove the mystery/ the chase/ wondering if they really like you, which is what makes it exciting, rather than clingy?

You dont have to say it as in 'i like you'.... but you can be very clear about it!!!
:smile:
Lots of hints... :biggrin:
always exciting... so long as they look to build to something... my current bf was apparantly going to ask me out 7months before he did, but i never knew and am not one to disclose my feelings if i actually care so i thought it impossible!

if only he'd hinted!!! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending