Turn on thread page Beta

Do women dress up deliberately on a night out to get noticed and approached by guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    I see so many women on a night out with short, short skirts on, dressed provocatively. Is this to attract men and draw attention, or just to feel sexy...?
    Do these women deliberately go out with the intention of being noticed and approached by guys...?
    I also hear women say a lot of the time "oh he's a jerk" for looking at them or when a guy approaches them, but then they continue to dress like that, therefore they are asking for attention and to be chatted up in a cheesy way, right...?

ReputationRep:
    They say they don't but they do

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not all girls but some girls do.

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't.

ReputationRep:
    Nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    They say they don't but they do
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Among other reasons. One main one being that they'll just get nothing but abuse if they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Not always wanting to be approached, but noticed by both males and females. The consequent compliments are bound to be flattering to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    what happened to real girls?

this world is full of fake ****s, especially fat stuck up ones up north

ReputationRep:
    Yea I'd say 99% of those girls are looking for attention one way or another.

(Original post by Lexi99)
    Yea I'd say 99% of those girls are looking for attention one way or another.
    Can't see them dressing that way if they didn't want to be noticed.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I wore a potato sack I would get more attention than if I wore a little black dress to be honest..

ReputationRep:
    how can a woman feel sexy if a man doesn't notice her? so either way she wants to attract the attention of men it's just what happens next that's different

ReputationRep:
    Yes, to get good attention. Why else? Although we're not necessarily trying to pull, most of us want people to see us and think we look nice and there are certain things some women feel they need to do for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEnigmaUK)
    I see so many women on a night out with short, short skirts on, dressed provocatively. Is this to attract men and draw attention, or just to feel sexy...?
    Do these women deliberately go out with the intention of being noticed and approached by guys...?
    Yeah I always dress up to go out, whether it's to pull or just feel great about myself. Some nights we (girls) don't want pull, we just want to dance with our friends.

(Original post by TheEnigmaUK)
    I also hear women say a lot of the time "oh he's a jerk" for looking at them or when a guy approaches them, but then they continue to dress like that, therefore they are asking for attention and to be chatted up in a cheesy way, right...?
    Well the guys we refer to as jerks are the ones who start grinding on us as a way of introduction. Or the guys that don't look appreciatively, but practically undress us with their eyes. Makes you feel like a piece of meat.

ReputationRep:
    I like short shorts.

ReputationRep:
    I dress up for three reasons: so I like nice in pictures (being the unphotogenic loser that I am means that I have to take this into consideration), so I feel better about myself, and yes, to attract men. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweat.it.out)
    I dress up for three reasons: so I like nice in pictures (being the unphotogenic loser that I am means that I have to take this into consideration), so I feel better about myself, and yes, to attract men. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I don't.
    I understand if you're trying to look good for yourself, but to attract men? In a nightclub? Then again, maybe you're not looking for a relationship, right?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I dress up because I enjoy getting ready. It's part of the fun. It makes me feel more confident and it gets me in the party mood. I'm not going to lie, I love getting compliments from boys or girls. It's not about pulling or giving guys a certain idea though.

ReputationRep:
    Noticed yeah, approached no. Just because I want to look nice doesn't mean I am sending out an invitation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.