Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity watch

ReputationRep:
    pretty impressive... although he made a mistake on the IBP

would like to know what his theory is, but i dont think it was really as simple as "According to the Indiana Star, Institute astrophysics professor Scott Tremaine -himself a world renowned expert - confirmed the authenticity of Jake's theory."

(Original post by TwilightKnight)
    I only took one thing away from that story and that video.

American Math notation sucks.
    I know right...? They basically take anything that may seem at all complicated from the English and change it so they can understand it. Examples: They call it y=mx+b
    They call Autumn, Fall. O_o'

Stupid Americans. No offence Americans....actually, Offence.

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope that he can avoid the many pitfalls that stop most child prodigies from reaching their potential. If he doesn't make it in academia then life is going to be really tough for him.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Yes, basic knowledge of AS...

Then why comment he's 'missing out on kids stuff' when it's unlikely he'd enjoy kids stuff anyway? Clearly he's enjoying what he does a lot more.
    I don't have basic knowledge, I actually have a lot more experience than half the people on here.

Besides which, I should be entitled to feel sad about it if I want to. I didn't say he shouldn't be allowed, and I didn't mock him. There's nothing wrong with me feeling bad for him and I refuse to feel guilty for sympathising.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to argue this to the hilt but, given that my only knowledge about relativity comes from a book called "How to teach Quantum Physics to your dog," I feel ill-qualified to do so.

Good on him though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueJoker)
    I don't have basic knowledge, I actually have a lot more experience than half the people on here.

Besides which, I should be entitled to feel sad about it if I want to. I didn't say he shouldn't be allowed, and I didn't mock him. There's nothing wrong with me feeling bad for him and I refuse to feel guilty for sympathising.
    Er, I didn't mean you have basic knowledge, i meant the comment was standard knowledge .

Aye, i can see why you feel sad about it...But so many people with AS just don't enjoy these 'normal' ideas of childhoods. It suits him so much better so i don't see why you'd feel happier for him instead?

Although i suppose it's upsetting those with AS in general don't enjoy 'normal' childhoods =)

ReputationRep:
    I bet he has some kind of nervous breakdown before the age of 20.

ReputationRep:
    As an Aspergers sufferer myself I can say that we are geniuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    As an Aspergers sufferer myself I can say that we are geniuses.
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, but i'm 32 and been to the 'University of Life'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    ...sheldon?
    The physicist prodigal son returns!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a retard now....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    It's better than being popular but an actual retard.
    So, so true. :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Good for him! It's nice to see that some children actually have some ambition.

ReputationRep:
    Plus rep if you thought that this kid was going to be either Chinese, Korean or Indian before you clicked lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ABCI23)
    Has no one else questioned why he's writing on the window? Or am I abnormal?
    Windows are actually excellent substitutes for white boards - all you need is a whiteboard pen. You don't need to buy a whiteboard, or find space to nail it to a wall, or have it free standing in a room.

Unfortunately the windows in my room at home are too small to write on, but at uni I've got one mahoosive window which is ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighestKungFu)
    Plus rep if you thought that this kid was going to be either Chinese, Korean or Indian before you clicked lol.
    Most kids with some form of autism and are geniuses seem to be white (well at least the ones I've heard of)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Windows are actually excellent substitutes for white boards - all you need is a whiteboard pen. You don't need to buy a whiteboard, or find space to nail it to a wall, or have it free standing in a room.

Unfortunately the windows in my room at home are too small to write on, but at uni I've got one mahoosive window which is ideal.
    How easy does it wash off? Do you use alcohol or anything?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ABCI23)
    How easy does it wash off? Do you use alcohol or anything?
    Just with my hand, or a shirt from the wash basket if I don't fancy getting my hand dirty.

You need to make sure you get a dry wipe whiteboard marker though - permanent marker does exactly what it says on the pen!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.