Turn on thread page Beta

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity watch

ReputationRep:
    I call shenanigans.

ReputationRep:
    woah, wow! That's amazing! Being a physics student myself I can appreciate his extraordinary mind, who knows he may well become a famous scientist in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people write equations on windows? I saw it on A Beautiful Mind and then again on The Social Network, why not just use a whiteboard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono404)
    Why do people write equations on windows? I saw it on A Beautiful Mind and then again on The Social Network, why not just use a whiteboard?
    All of his whiteboards have theories on them, so he uses windows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    personally I think genius is way more nature than nurture
    it's the fact that it is a state which can't be attained by everyone which makes it genius, if all it took was hard work, there would be a lot more 'geniuses' in the world

but that leads to the point that this hard working class of genius were born being able to concentrate and work hard at things, whereas others were born as quitters without being able to concentrate for long, so I suppose the hard workers can still be called geniuses, but it is still fundamentally down to genetics
    You think genius is down to genetics - the media's motives have worked well. Do you still not see the point of these kind of articles? Can you offer an alternative point for these articles?

You believe that once born to a certain kind of parents, that is it and there is no way to change oneself? By all means, it would be harder, but certainly not impossible.

A "quitter" can remodel his/herself to be a hard-working and concentrating human being. It is not just hard work - it is dedication, actually loving what you are doing, striving to want more and be better, working consistently at it etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    woah, wow! That's amazing! Being a physics student myself I can appreciate his extraordinary mind, who knows he may well become a famous scientist in the future.
    Another Hawkings perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    this guy has a girlfriend, his 12 lol how cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    :lolwut:
    Edison,Da Vinci,Einstein,Carl Marx,Plato,Poe

The list goes on and on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    this guy has a girlfriend, his 12 lol how cute.
    So he surpasses the guys on TSR both academically and socially :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    This child's childhood has been somewhat ruined, in a way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    Another Hawkings perhaps?
    Eh....
    Hope not.

I'd rather have another Einstein or Newton than a Hawkings.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    is this a real life sheldon cooper???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    You think genius is down to genetics - the media's motives have worked well. Do you still not see the point of these kind of articles? Can you offer an alternative point for these articles?

You believe that once born to a certain kind of parents, that is it and there is no way to change oneself? By all means, it would be harder, but certainly not impossible.

A "quitter" can remodel his/herself to be a hard-working and concentrating human being. It is not just hard work - it is dedication, actually loving what you are doing, striving to want more and be better, working consistently at it etc etc
    you know the media don't always have to lie about or mislead people on things, they can capitalise on the truth once in a while

and a 'quitter' can only remodel his/herself if he has been given the capacity to do so, and some people clearly have a greater capacity to change and remodel themselves than others, which is due to genetics

ReputationRep:
    Asperger's is not a mild form of autism. It's related, but different in kind.

Anyway, good going on the kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono404)
    He didn't have a spare whiteboard in the video; they all have his theories written on them.

ReputationRep:
    I would kill for a 1/4 of his brain :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Why do people make these silly comparisons with Einstein. Who cares if he's young, he hasn't done anything original has he? Ruth Lawrence came top of her year at Oxford and got a starred first at age 13 - whcih she did in two years, what's she done? Not much by the standard of an average UK maths professor.

(Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    So he surpasses the guys on TSR both academically and socially :awesome:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Now we only need to clone his genes and we're set for time travel.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.