Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    Where in your dreams?
    The fact you have to actually ask me that is astonishing.

ReputationRep:
    Smart kid, impressive. He'll probably make the worlds' first time machine and use it to travel back to before his academic success and prestige to have a childhood again *To have a childhood

ReputationRep:
    Amazing...

ReputationRep:
    The maths feats sound impressive, but the IQ thing a little naff. How can a standardised test determine exceptionality; Richard Feynman's IQ was "only" 125 and I'm pretty sure that Albert Einstein's IQ was just an estimate.

PS. We need to get this guy onto the student room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    Edison,Da Vinci,Einstein,Carl Marx,Plato,Poe

The list goes on and on.
    Yes it does, Karl Pilkington, Alan Sugar...

ReputationRep:
    I bet he'll never get more pussy than me though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    My IQ is 164.

Damn, beaten by a 12 year old

funny how our surnames are the same though.. hmmm :eek:

Why am I being negged for this?

That is my IQ, I've done 2 official tests and thats my average of the two, which in my opinion is a fair reflection.

Plus he does have the same surname as me.
    Because your IQ is relative to your age you fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    He's basically like the clever people in my maths classes, yet he is only 12. :eek:
    OMG your sig is even better when the person is slightly tipsy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I would kill for a 1/4 of his brain :sigh:
    You would have to kill for 1/4 of his brain.

ReputationRep:
    So.....when is he going to cure cancer, find a solution to our energy crisis, fix global warming, disprove or prove God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
    You would have to kill for 1/4 of his brain.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Smart kid, impressive. He'll probably make the worlds' first time machine and use it to travel back to before his academic success and prestige to have a childhood again *To have a childhood
    How do you know he hasn't done that but to get even more smarter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    I'm not trying to steal the glory of a 12 year old, but to be honest, a lot of people like that probably exist but just aren't introduced and brought up to study calculus etc. from a young age, because the parents are probably normal and don't recognise the child's potential or don't know what to do with it.

Even if the parents are smart, the chances that a) they will have a child who is insanely smart, combined with the chances that b) they will recognise his potential, and c) they will act upon it, are extremely low, which is why we rarely hear of these kind of stories

ok fine I am jealous douche
    No, I feel that you have a point; most parents would be happy for their children to just be doing well compared with their age group and let them do normal kid's stuff when not at school and allow their childs teachers to develop them academically. I guess his Aspergers led him to seek out these things for himself.

(Original post by Theconomist)
    Edison,Da Vinci,Einstein,Carl Marx,Plato,Poe

The list goes on and on.
    Karl Marx. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ITT: TSRians experience feeling average

(Original post by DdotT)
    So.....when is he going to cure cancer, find a solution to our energy crisis, fix global warming, disprove or prove God?
    Don't worry, I'm sure he's going to prove far more useful than you'll ever be.

ReputationRep:
    I am keen to know about his version of relativity too.
    Does it co-relate gravity and the rest of the three forces fundamentally ? does it even surpass the spacetime curvature singularity? Then we shall call it an achievement.

Knowing bucket-load of information isn't that hard but making out a theory ( take Einstein for example: his view of space time totally revolutionized our perception) is worth being amazed.

I personally think intellect is controlled by various factors one being genetic and other environmental. In his case both the latter and former gave him enough time to perhaps contain all this info. I.e for most of us at that age we would be playing games/discovering puberty and so on....
    Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Theoretical physicist Richard Feynman only had an IQ of 125 and he without a doubt had one of the greatest minds which ever walked the earth.

Sure if you have a high iq, you are probably quite clever, but it isn't the full picture.

I see these IQ stories everynow and again in the media, and they are obviously being used to make you feel like an insignificant little gnat.

They provide an income for psychologists who otherwise would be living in the gutter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Desperate times call for desperate measures :ninja:
    Reminds me of a really bad joke: people say I have the mind of a 12 year old, and yes they're right it's under my bed...

Wow that was bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OdinsThunder)
    Theoretical physicist Richard Feynman only had an IQ of 125 and he without a doubt had one of the greatest minds which ever walked the earth.

Sure if you have a high iq, you are probably quite clever, but it isn't the full picture.

I see these IQ stories everynow and again in the media, and they are obviously being used to make you feel like an insignificant little gnat.

They provide an income for psychologists who otherwise would be living in the gutter.
    True. For now we simply don't know how our brain stores all the information so to generalize human intelligence over a set of numbers is being plain arrogant .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.