Turn on thread page Beta

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    So he surpasses the guys on TSR both academically and socially :awesome:
    Yes I wonder how he does it it also says he doesn't get out much so i'm thinking she's older than him

...and here i am sitting here:emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Says who? What are these "more important things" and who makes them the epitome of the ideal and normal childhood?
    o.o

Good grief, woman. Did you just ask what's more important than maths? All myself and the person I quoted are suggesting is that it's a bit unnerving when you hear stories of kids like that, because their life will be full of logic and science, they never even get to have a childhood. As in, that kid will never think like a child. Like I said; no imagination, innocence, ignorance and dreams. Obviously he's still very lucky and special, though.

ReputationRep:
    if we were both put in a cage with a bear I would have more chance of surviving.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the dailymail.

ReputationRep:
    Another year another kid with an "IQ higher than Einstein" which I've always found a curious claim since Einstein as far as I'm aware never took an IQ test.

Your IQ means nothing, your achievements do. While this kid has done nothing to be compared to Einstein he has certainly achieved a lot at such a young age. Let's all hope he carries on his work and doesn't get sucked into making unsolvable equations for bankers to "create" 5 trillion dollars out of thin air or end up working on a way to prolong an erection for 12 hours, we've got far too many intelligent people wasting their time on that crap already.

ReputationRep:
    wow kids should be inspired by him!

(Original post by Wozzie)
    Another year another kid with an "IQ higher than Einstein" which I've always found a curious claim since Einstein as far as I'm aware never took an IQ test.

Your IQ means nothing, your achievements do. While this kid has done nothing to be compared to Einstein he has certainly achieved a lot at such a young age. Let's all hope he carries on his work and doesn't get sucked into making unsolvable equations for bankers to "create" 5 trillion dollars out of thin air or end up working on a way to prolong an erection for 12 hours, we've got far too many intelligent people wasting their time on that crap already.
    So what do you consider good achievements then?

ReputationRep:
    I hope he's alright. :unsure:And he stays happy . Teenage is tough, more so for the specails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    this concept of improving your IQ doesn't really exist
    IQ is literally raw intelligence that you are born with, environmental factors may have a tiny effect but not more than 5 points or so

IQ is the score you achieve on an IQ test, for which you can train and improve, if only marginally.

If a person revised all similar questions on an IQ test before sitting the test, and scored 50 above, his IQ would thus be improved.

The score you are likely to achieve on an IQ is as much environmental as it is genetic- by environmental I refer to the environment during formative years of early childhood. It is ridiculous to see you positing that environment accounts for 5 points or less on an IQ test

ReputationRep:
    Finally!! A child prodigy who isnt asian

ReputationRep:
    producing offspring is pretty much the only achievement in life

ReputationRep:
    Terence Tao looks like a wannabe compared to Jake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    IQ is the score you achieve on an IQ test, for which you can train and improve, if only marginally.

If a person revised all similar questions on an IQ test before sitting the test, and scored 50 above, his IQ would thus be improved.

The score you are likely to achieve on an IQ is as much environmental as it is genetic- by environmental I refer to the environment during formative years of early childhood. It is ridiculous to see you positing that environment accounts for 5 points or less on an IQ test
    oh, by environmental factors I meant things like studying or a better diet which people consciously do to try and improve IQ, obviously if the child is malnourished / beaten or whatever as a baby, bad stuff will happen, but I think the fact that your genes determine your intelligence still stands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwilightKnight)
    I only took one thing away from that story and that video.

American Math notation sucks.
    Complaining about Americanisms and calling maths math? I despair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    Complaining about Americanisms and calling maths math? I despair...
    Actually, both are 'correct' in the UK, whereas in the US, saying Maths is like saying Englishs.

But thanks for playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espada00)
    Finally!! A child prodigy who isnt asian
    Lol.

I must admit, before opening this thread, I assumed this kid would be of Asian background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    Are you going to the medical school of Slytherin? :p:
    Why yes, yes I am. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Major kudos for being one of the few who noticed. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Good is a subjective term and I consider all achievements as good for the person who achieved them, achieving something is always preferable to achieving nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    :zomg:
    That!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I would kill for a 1/4 of his brain :sigh:
    You probably already have much more than this. Think about it: Aspergers allows him to focus on physics an mathematics solely. He thinks about hardly anything else. A lot of it is determination and focus. Einstein himself said that he did not feel that he was much more intelligent than his peers. He was simply more focused. Obviously it was impossible for him to say this for certain: he couldn't see how others think, but focus likely had a large part in it.
    This is why all the greatest 'genius'...s are thought to have been aspergic/ autistic. Although another reason is partly due to many aspergics being able to think very creatively => allows for multiple interpretations of a given scenario/ look at things from a different angle/ Abstract thought.

But still, the point is:you're not that different... probably...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.