Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, how would you feel if at the start of the relationship I told you... watch

• View Poll Results: Would you care?
    Male: Yes
    16.67%
    Male: No
    14.81%
    Female: Yes
    57.41%
    Female: No
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    I was a virgin, but later revealed/confessed that I wasn't before I met you.

Told my girlfriend this, guess I just felt shy and wanted to seem innocent not a used piece of crap and after she told me she was a virgin, I sort of felt like she'd think I was taking advantage and the relationship would be all about sex if I told her I was a non-virgin so I didn't lie, I either steered to avoid the question or twisted the truth.

How would you feel if your boyfriend didn't tell you? Would you care? And lose trust? Or not care? And let it go?

I'm asking girls, but i'll make a poll to ask the other way too just incase any males are faced with this situation.

ReputationRep:
    tl ; dr

ReputationRep:
    how many threads you gonna make? you're so insecure I'm surprised you even have a gf

ReputationRep:
    So basically you're about to have sex and you say: "I'm a virgin... BAZINGA!!!" ?

Not really a good way to start a relationship tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I would be incredibly mad.
    I'd rather you tell the truth- it doesn't particularly set up good foundations for your relationship.

I sympathise with whoever it was you lied to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03shisac)
    I would be incredibly mad.
    I'd rather you tell the truth- it doesn't particularly set up good foundations for your relationship.

I sympathise with whoever it was you lied to.
    Thing is, I didn't exactly lie, I just avoided the question and hinted that I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigeela4rmBradford)
    Thing is, I didn't exactly lie, I just avoided the question and hinted that I am.
    I quote "what would you do if I TOLD you I was a virgin..."
    but whatever.

Either way you were in the wrong. You shouldn't need to refer to TSR to know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsamemario666)
    So basically you're about to have sex and you say: "I'm a virgin... BAZINGA!!!" ?

Something about Sheldon has serious sex appeal, no homo.

ReputationRep:
    Lying about your virginity is not the way to start a relationship... not a decent one, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    how many threads you gonna make? you're so insecure I'm surprised you even have a gf
    He probably doesn't. Once you do have a gf you stop obsessing over all this crap tbh...

ReputationRep:
    So mad. For all she knows you could have an STD even.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsamemario666)

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Why lie..so lame.

(Original post by Nigeela4rmBradford)
    I was a virgin, but later revealed/confessed that I wasn't before I met you.

Told my girlfriend this, guess I just felt shy and wanted to seem innocent not a used piece of crap and after she told me she was a virgin, I sort of felt like she'd think I was taking advantage and the relationship would be all about sex if I told her I was a non-virgin so I didn't lie, I either steered to avoid the question or twisted the truth.

How would you feel if your boyfriend didn't tell you? Would you care? And lose trust? Or not care? And let it go?

I'm asking girls, but i'll make a poll to ask the other way too just incase any males are faced with this situation.
    My bf did this to me (although i'd known him for a couple years before we started going out) and when he finally did tell me he wasn't a virgin i was heartbroken as i'd asked him multiple times, and like you, he avoided the question or twisted the truth.

After i found out, i felt for a while i couldn't trust him and it made me pretty insecure for a bit. However, he made sure he did everything he could to reassure me that i could trust him. He told me he hid it from me because he was too ashamed to tell me as his first time was a stupid mistake and he knows how important i think losing my virginity is.

However, you confessed pretty early on in the relationship and we got through it and i trust him completely now.
    I really think you should tell your gf, i know i'm glad my bf told me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    lol true. I agree mate, he's soo insecure and trolling other ppl's feeds with insults.

ReputationRep:
    I would think he was pretty dumb for lying about something for no good reason. Might find it hard to trust him after that. It would depend on the situation what I did about it, but yes, I would definitely care.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be angry because you lied. It would make me question whether you've told me the truth on other things too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uchiha5)
    lol true. I agree mate, he's soo insecure and trolling other ppl's feeds with insults.
    I don't like Sasuke :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Question:

Possible answers:
    Male: Yes
    Male: No
    Female: Yes
    Female: No

****ing Fail.

I'd be wondering what else you lied about. Not bothered about the virginity at all, just that you felt the need to lie/bend the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I would care, simply because a lie is a lie. Especially one that hasn't got some serious reason behind.
    I would find it hard to trust that person again...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.