Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

depression and university watch

Announcements

i have been suffering from depression in my second year of university and my grades are quite frankly terrible. i am sure that I am not going to pass into my third year so I need to start preparing my case now. Is a doctor's note the only way to prove my depression?

ReputationRep:
    A doctor's note, but maybe more specifically one from a psychiatrist. Also, chin up! I hope everything works out for you. You deserve to be happy

ReputationRep:
    Lies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesbionic)
    A doctor's note, but maybe more specifically one from a psychiatrist. Also, chin up! I hope everything works out for you. You deserve to be happy
    How the hell do you know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have been suffering from depression in my second year of university and my grades are quite frankly terrible. i am sure that I am not going to pass into my third year so I need to start preparing my case now. Is a doctor's note the only way to prove my depression?
    case for what?

(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    case for what?
    for why they should allow me to stay at the university and/or proceed into third year?

ReputationRep:
    what is the source of your depression??

(Original post by Joburger)
    Lies
    what do you mean by this post?

(Original post by Mrcontroversy)
    what is the source of your depression??
    fear of failure but i've had these feelings since I was 15 and recently ive had suicidal thoughts

ReputationRep:
    Everyone deserves to be happy really, unless they have forfeited that right through misdeeds/crimes...

fear of failure but i've had these feelings since I was 15 and recently ive had suicidal thoughts
    I believe everyone has a fear of failure to a certain extent. Is it grades wise?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a doctor and see if they can HELP you first and foremost, then try and get a note. No point going to a doctor solely to get a note that will explain things if you don't also try and get some form of treatment going too. I understand, depression can really play havoc with your academic work. Hope you get some help and start feeling better soon. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

failure as in general?? well everyone has that. I hope your lifestyle is somehow not affecting your way of thinking? like there are known activities/foods that can cause depression. this might sound absurd, but I had a friend who was in a similar situation as you and his was more to do with his sexual activities.

you are not different from anybody else and just convince yourself that you are gonna face your failures head on when they are due.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joburger)
    How the hell do you know that
    Because we know he is stalking you and that's nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohm)
    Because we know he is stalking you and that's nice.
    wtf
    im not the OP u idiot

I know plenty of people have a fear of failure but I have never had suicidal thoughts until now. I think the pressure is cracking me up

Before I give any advice, what help have you seeked so far? Have you been diagnosed?

ReputationRep:
    What's causing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    What's causing it?
    The laughter of this bro, mate.

I've applied for an appointment with the school's counselling service but they still have not gotten back to me and its been months

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.