Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So what age would you like to get married then? If at all... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    20/21!
    i'd say 23 is too old for me

Late thirties/early forties. If at all. Why would I want to ruin my life?

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to be with someone and thinking about long term when I'm 25, but I doubt that'll happen... more likely I'll be single and alone

ReputationRep:
    It would not be 25 for me (it depends).

I would only consider marriage and a family only after securing stable wealth, a stable and well-tended home, large and frequent income, ready preparations for a family (preparations for newborns etc), having studied how to take great care with newborns and ensure that they develop excellently and ensure that they have a chance at extreme heights of intellect etc etc - only then, will I look for a suitable partner (probably, a German woman or some other from the northern lands such as Finland, Scandinavi, Norway, Sweden etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    I have always been unsure about marriage. But I don't see why, if it felt right and I felt ready for it, I wouldnt do it. After all, if I really loved someone, then I would want to stay with them anyway!

I am in no hurry though for anything like that. When I was 17, I thought 22 sounded quite old. I'm now almost 23, and I realise how young I still am!. xD I think people want to do things too quickly these days. I think most people marry too quickly/too young and then split up.
    I am in no hurry for marriage or moving in or anything...but, that said, I would still like to have someone special in my life now.

ReputationRep:
    Not before I'm 35, if at all

ReputationRep:
    23/24

ReputationRep:
    Thirty

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    can we turn this thread into marriage advertisement? im 19 rich and thin...i drive a new model beetle and no gf

ReputationRep:
    Well I plan to get rich between 24-30.

So from 30-35 would be the ideal time in my opinion to settle down with someone as hopefully i'll have a good income to support both my wife, and any kids that we have, or plan to have.

But also, prenuptial agreement is the way forward!

I ain't sayin' she a gold digga, but I ended up a broke *****!

ReputationRep:
    23-25 hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_p)
    There's another thread going at the moment about where you see yourself when you're 25, and lots of people seem surprised/scared that some people see themselves married (and maybe with kids)!

I always thought 25 was quite a fair age to get married; it's the age I'd like to be when I get married...

So just wondering really, what age do you guys think would be appropriate to settle down and get married?

Do you even want to get married at some point in your life? Yes, no? Why, why not?
    No real idea but I'll start thinking seriously after love strikes. Definitely after I've finished my degree though.

ReputationRep:
    next year

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised how many people are saying 25 or younger. If I do get married, it won't be until I have a stable income and have been with my partner for a number of years, so perhaps 28/29 at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to get married at around 25

ReputationRep:
    Yes, around 27-28, if/when I have a (somewhat) stable job

ReputationRep:
    Between the ages of 26-28 and then a child by 30. Ideally.

ReputationRep:
    It's been my lifelong dream to travel the world, I want to experience everything it has to offer. I don't think I could settle down until I'm in at least my late 20s. Plus I don't see marriage as a big thing, it has absolutely no religious significance to me, it's an expensive piece of paper really, I'd probably be happy just in a relationship for 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    23-24

but id like to be engaged by 21

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.