Turn on thread page Beta

So what age would you like to get married then? If at all... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    and first child around 25

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel so strong about marriage. Just not a big deal for me. I'm not ruling kids out. If I ever do get married, probably around the age 37.2ish.

No idea. I want my kids by the time I'm 30 though, and I want to me married before then
    And have a house, and a career.

I have 10 years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina_xxx)
    marriage = lifes over
    Only if you're with the wrong person.

ReputationRep:
    25/26 I think, which and then kids around the 27/28 mark, I'd defiantly like to have started my family before I'm 30 - although I'd carry on having kids into my 30's

ReputationRep:
    I got married at 24

ReputationRep:
    Depends if the Government allows me to marry. I hope to be in a marriage before 30, but I don't have any strong reason for picking that. Life just happens. Married, but never settling down. Quoting Lady Gaga, "can't sleep with a man who dims my shine" :P

ReputationRep:
    Don't really see a point in marriage, so probably never. Although saying that I probably don't care enough to complain much if I had a partner which really wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    27/28, although i think i'd want a long engagement

ReputationRep:
    When we're both settled down into our jobs and know that the relationship will work, then I'd want to get married. Hopefully that'll be by the time I'm 25-27.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesse_Mac)
    Depends if the Government allows me to marry.
    This! I can't get married :emo:

I don't want to get married anyway; I don't believe in it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mid to late 20s. I def would want to marry rather than be in a permanent long-term relationship. I have strong cultural and religious beliefs in marriage and am a rather traditional soul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    23-24

but id like to be engaged by 21
    Wow. That is young! How come?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its something you can ever decide. I'd find it entirely depressing to start settling down at my age (I'm 25) and can't forsee me deliberately planning on marriage for at least another 5 years, possibly 10. I don't want kids, so that's not an issue.

ReputationRep:
    23-25, I guess? I definitely believe in marriage and I'd like to start a family and stuff quite early.

ReputationRep:
    27. When I'm done whoring around.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever it seems appropriate

now

ReputationRep:
    This thread should have come with a poll...
    Would have been interesting to see if there is a big difference between what age girls and guys want to get married...

Personally, I am in no hurry to get married, have children or settle down.

ReputationRep:
    35 and I'm hoping my wife is around 25 at the time.

Yes I realise it's creepy that my potential wife is 9 atm.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.