Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not particular about age. I would like to get married at some point, though, maybe around 30 or so? Really not in a hurry.

ReputationRep:
    30. Well I see 30 because I'm planning to be a doctor. If I don't become a doctor I will finish my degree and stuff earlier so Ima say... 27

ReputationRep:
    I don't particularly want to get married tbh.

ReputationRep:
    26-28 for marriage
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by saiwa)
    My mother had me at around age 35. She had a great career at the time, and still does. Apparently her biological clock hadn't stopped ticking even close to 40. So, what is the rush?
    I'm glad it worked out well for her. However, there is no guarantee that if you put having kids off until later, that you'll be able to have kids. As you can see, the later you leave it, the more chance you have of infertility and chromosomal problems as well as the success rate of IVF dropping. http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000815/825_f1.gifhttp://www.babycentre.co.uk/i/precon...ilitygraph.gif

IMO, I'd rather have the kids when I'm more fertile (and energetic?) and then go back to my career than play a game of chance with career first then kid?(s??).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.