Turn on thread page Beta

Bleach, Nip, Tuck: The White Beauty Myth watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    ... its hypocrisy

You are quite ignorant - how do do ethnic minorities have inferior complexion?
    I already explained why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Native British Guy)
    I am curious about your username. You do know that Cleopatra was white don't you ? She was Greek, born in Greece and part of the Greek hellinistic aristocracy ?
    She was born in Alexandria, Egypt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Complex, not complexion. Not that I care or agree.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    She was born in Alexandria, Egypt.
    Yes your right I stand corrected, however she was still decended from the Greek Hellinistic aristocracy.

P.S Don't correct my spelling when you yourself make spelling mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    Thanks

No problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes your right I stand corrected, however she was still decended from the Greek Hellinistic aristocracy.

P.S Don't correct my spelling when you yourself make spelling mistakes
    Lol I realise that now-sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a really sad state of affairs, and scary how much some people feel the need to conform to the typical view of beauty. From the other end of the extreme I'm pale and don't follow the tanning brigade, I think it's sad more people can't feel confident enough in their own skin to love what they have.

One thing I would say is that aside from beauty in the west typically being a white person, there is also a subculture amongst black people (some, not all) that dark skin blacks are less attractive than light skin blacks so there isn't just the one perspective.

ReputationRep:
    that's fine, you don't have to accept it. in my personal opinion, its terrible to see many great places like GB struggle with multiculturalism; turning it into a burden instead of a benefit. The onus of the responsibility is not only on immigrants to integrate, but also the government. We're far from perfect in the "Melting Pot" across the Atlantic, but I think that Teresa May's harried crackdown on immigration is more reactive than proactive. And that immigration could have been dealt with better by the last Government.

Also, Cleopatra may have been Greek, but Greek is not a phenotype or race, it's a nationality (and a language). There are ongoing debates about whether or not she was black or partially so, but based on what Ive learned, I think that she was.

Also, in a very loose sense of the word, can't a Native Briton also be an ethnic minority?

But that doesn't have anything to do with the documentary. Take a peek, you might like it NBG

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/b...th/4od#3032255

I don't accept your interpretation, it is an attack on whites pure and simple.

And yes I do believe multiculturalism is a threat to white society and ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxxyCleopatra)
    Also, in a very loose sense of the word, can't a Native Briton also be an ethnic minority?
    No, look up the definition of Native or indigenous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Google it, idiot.
    its a media publicity spun by Michael jackson's media group to explain why michael bleached his skin in order to make himself more like "peter pan" dumbass

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain to me why so many people on here seem to hate black people? I don't really get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    So, basically, naturally "brown" people are disgusting now?

:erm:
    Don't take it the wrong way natural brown people are NOT disgusting. Thats like calling many of my very close friends disgusting including my family. I'm not rasict at all.

:confused: All i'm trying to say is too much tan that makes you look like an orange with bleach hair is very stupid. Why will someone look like that.

Whether being white, brown or black you should be proud and be who you actually are. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RequiemForADream)
    No, he had vitiligo, try googling/youtubing about it. It is a very rare condition. What I believe Michael Jackson did was when it got to an increased stage, then he started bleaching his skin and making himself 'whiter'.
    so i was half right then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coca)
    Can someone please explain to me why so many people on here seem to hate black people? I don't really get it.
    i don't see any comments saying anything about hating black people. just some comments about not understanding why some black people want to attempt to be more white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    so i was half right then!
    Pretty much yeah
    No one can really know the extent he had it, although it's been recognised he had it on his arms. It might not have even affected his face, but he could've bleached all over so that his face and body matched. No one wants to walk around with different colours for different body parts

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.