The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you think of men that 'take care' of themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LzLz
Says the boy that had to come in here to declare that fact for everyone to see.

People need to learn these things, btw, are you implying that I have trouble with women?
Reply 41
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
People need to learn these things, btw, are you implying that I have trouble with women?

No I think you just contradicted yourself greatly. I get where your coming from though, I used to think that til I made the change myself and actually took care in my apperance.
I like a guy to take care of himself but not necessarily for me to know or it to be that obvious. If a guy can't get ready in 5 minutes to go out in a rush then that's just bad times.
Reply 43
Original post by LzLz
Haha thats no problem! I still see myself as an 'alpha' male as it were, I'm still your typical lad. I just like to keep my appearences up. Just want a general opinion is all and yours is actually what I expect most to be :smile:

You use a body brush. You are at the other end of the manly spectrum son. This is alpha;
Reply 44
To quote Snoop Dogg

'There used to be a word for people like you, and that word is...Gay. Oh, I guess thats still the word'

TBH as a guy you sound really insecure, i shower everyday, brush teeth and wear deodarant but shaving is once every few days. Moisturise? Pfft, I've always had great skin because I DONT use all of those ****ty skin care products.

I think you need to calm down with your routine, it seems a bit ott and also by the fact that your posting this thread im guessing you dont get laid as much as you deserve for your efforts. Chill out. I find it difficult to see how a girl could be attracted to someone who takes longer then them to get ready...
(edited 12 years ago)
You sound like my idea of perfection.

I'd much rather my guy looked after himself than me have to ask him to tidy himself up.
It's obviously good for a guy to be clean, but i do like guys who are a bit rough around the edges, bit of facial hair and not always looking prepped and primed!
I like a guy to look a bit scruffy, but not unclean, if that makes sense.. hmm!
Reply 47
I'd probably think: "Marry me?" :daydreaming:
I do alot of that stuff, just not everyday, i'm too lazy for that.
Original post by LzLz
No I'm not obsessed or vain or anything (well maybe a bit vain haha).

that's ok then. but other then that your pic looks very errr :sexface: lol :colondollar: but i would have though your my type (and im prob not yours lol)

but your looking after your self that's fair enough, at least we can think there is one less TSR guys that doesn't smell of old **** juices lmao x
Reply 50
I would like them to shower, brush their hair, etc. But I don't like boys who spend more time in front of the mirror than I do.
Reply 51
LOL I'm the same all my mates take the mick as i get manicures spray tans etc. Think they is hating on me because I'm styling on them.
Reply 52
Weirdly enough, I'm obsessive when it comes to clothes, but not so much this stuff. I shower every day, keep my face and neck clean shaven etc. but I leave the body hair, eyebrows etc alone.
Reply 53
Original post by wactm
To quote Snoop Dogg

'There used to be a word for people like you, and that word is...Gay. Oh, I guess thats still the word'

TBH as a guy you sound really insecure, i shower everyday, brush teeth and wear deodarant but shaving is once every few days. Moisturise? Pfft, I've always had great skin because I DONT use all of those ****ty skin care products.

I think you need to calm down with your routine, it seems a bit ott and also by the fact that your posting this thread im guessing you dont get laid as much as you deserve for your efforts. Chill out. I find it difficult to see how a girl could be attracted to someone who takes longer then them to get ready...

You know moisturizer improves the elasticity of your skin? People who don't moisturize age badly, their face drops and they get jowls. Ew.
That sounds fine, although the tinted moisturiser is maybe a little much. As for things like showering and pube trimming though, I thought that was pretty standard; I for one wouldn't want a guy who didn't do those things.

What would put my off is if you started stealing my nice moisturiser or using my epilator.
Reply 55
You do a hell of alot more than I thought a bloke would do.
Reply 56
Original post by RahRah09
You know moisturizer improves the elasticity of your skin? People who don't moisturize age badly, their face drops and they get jowls. Ew.

And yet it wasnt a common occurence for people to moisturise 20 years ago. Especially not men. Also jowls used to be a sign of wealth....who cares what you look like when your 50? Youre 50!
Reply 57
Original post by wactm
And yet it wasnt a common occurence for people to moisturise 20 years ago. Especially not men. Also jowls used to be a sign of wealth....who cares what you look like when your 50? Youre 50!

Uhh, 20 years ago was the 1990s, you do realise... People have been using baby oil, cold cream, chap stick, avocado oil, Boots own brand products et for years.

I care, call me vain, but I plan to look younger than I am for as long as possible.
Hmm I like guys that take care of themselves - everything you said is fine except the tinted moisturiser.... that's .... I can't describe it lol. Also if stubble looked better on your face I'd want it there
Reply 59
I thought you meant take care of himself as in "take care of himself" :wink:............................. masturbate :pierre:

Quick Reply

Latest