Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

modern society, politics, and the "new world order" Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, this is just abit of a rant about modern society and politics and religion. It is a long read, but I think you'll appericiate the eye opener.

I'm all for allowing people to be free etc, however I'm not convinced that some of the people in society who say that they are too, really are.

I have friends who are christians (but not solely these friends say this, btw) who often say to me that there is a problem with immigration that needs dealing with, but when I or any politician (not that I'm a politician lol) suggests some kind of method to deal with immigration (or any other problem for that matter), suddenly that person is racist and trying to split people up.
    I have a problem with this because firstly I'm a do-er, I like to take abit of time to make the right decision by getting information etc, but it seems to me that the people in society that do the most moaning are not only the people with no solutions but are also the people who sit back and accuse other people of this that and the next thing should they dare to voice their own opinion.
    Ofcourse religion is good at keeping people togeather isn't it? All religions claim to be peaceful but all you get is muslims flying planes into buildings, sikhs carrying around 12'' blades and christians trying to make out they are the nice moral ones when in actual fact they make no effort not to sin...they just make sure they go to church at the end of every week so they feel forgiven. Also, people who are religious are the ones who like to split themselves up into categories and then look down on people who aren't in the same category as themselves. This is just one thing that annoys me about religion, because as before when you will be called a racist etc for proposing some solution to immigration (for example), you will then be called a nazi for suggesting that religion should stop, people should accept their differences and get on, and get togeather. Religious people just call other people racist when it suits.

This is where I move on, because 'racist' is the big buzz word these days isn't it. People who are talking, even if they have known each other for years and are decent people, will suddenly say stuff like "I'm not meaning to be racist, but...". But why do they do this. Not everything is racist you know, and definetly holding people accountable for their own actions/decisions regardless of their skin colour isn't racist - infact it is equality because treating someone different because of their skin colour is racist.
    Ofcourse people who say that they belong to a group in society (by their own definition) are claiming that they are being racially abused. Muslims ofcourse are under alot of pressure not to fly planes into buildings and blow up underground trains. However because you don't see moderate muslims on the streets against 'extremists', and only getting upset when a newspaper publishes a cartoon, people are becoming suspicious, and suddenly muslims are claiming to be a race, in other words muslims don't like what they are hearing and so because they are being held accountable for their own (in)action they are claiming to be a subspecies of human being. Ever tried talking about terrorism on TSR and ever wondered why muslims pounce on you and have a go at you by calling you racist etc - why aren't they having a go at the people (who are part of their own religion) who have just killed hundreds/thousands? It's as if they don't want you to talk about it...
    Back to religion briefly, suddenly all religions have realised that the world has become a more multiciltural place and so they are trying to use this opportunity to grow, but no religion want to be associated with the stereotypical view of people being killed for religion (crusades - people being killed in the name of a 'all loving god' - hypocrits, and when I asked me christian friend about this you know what she said? "well...perhaps they got a little over enthusiastic"!) and so they are claiming not to be religions, but more than that. As I said, muslims are claiming to be a race, christians have thought it sounds good to say that it isn't a religion but a relationship with god, and soon others will wake up and get in on the act.

EDIT: ofcourse what happens in modern times is that if you hold someone accountable for their own actions, and if they have no excuse, they will reply with "well look at what everyone else is doing". For example if you say you don't agree with halal slaughter, or something, suddenly people who seem to know think they they were a sheep in a previous life who had their throat slit come and tell you they feel nothing. If you provide evidence they say it is a bad source, if you provide a video they say they won't accept it because it was made by people who are biased for showing the truth. As I was saying at the beginning of this sentence, you also get people trying to convince you that you can't hold them accountable for their own decisions unless you hold everyone accountable also. This strikes me as odd, because you can't question more than one person at one, first off, and secondly that's like saying that you can't punish a murderer unless you catch every single other murderer in the world first - it is a concept of fairness that has been completely warped by people who know they are in the wrong in order to prevent questioning and debate.

Politics now, an area of debate likely to get even the most calm person on the edge of their seats, and you know why? The reason is blindingly obvious. Because in the modern age, even though everyone claims to be pro-democracy etc, when we have a debate not only do we assume that our opinion is right but it seems to me that people aren't content unless they have changed your opinion to their own by the end of the convosation!
    Basically I know we all have a right to our own opinion, and everone has their views (and everyone has their own ideals), however I'm not an expert on politics, personally I couldn't think of anything more boring, but lets look at what is going on in society:
    You've got the BNP, they are trying to put their racist (yeah, I've used the buzz word, am I considered modern and fashionable now?) past behind them, and although I think the media portray them in a bad light no matter what, there are obviously areas of concern.
    The libdems, labour and cons always think they will get in and that no matter what people will always vote for them when it matters. What they have realised however is that people are starting to get fed up, so laws are being created that make telling the truth an offence - democracy or an elected dictator?
    Then you've got the Communists, now these are the sort of people who campaign for any reason, just to feel as though they have a voice. They are the people who will call you Hitler on TSR if you voice an opinion different to theirs, which is hypocritical because they are realising these days that they can try to demonise right wing parties by referring to Hitler. But ofcourse they don't tell you that stalin was responsible for killing more people than Hitler and mussolini combined (keep that stum - you weren't meant to know!). You get communist groups like UAF who use catchy slogans like 'anti-racist', 'against fascism', etc to make themselves out to be liberal and pro-democracy. But these people are the people who say on their own website that they target the BNP in particular, and you don't see them standing up against mainstream parties when they dictate to people, like Hitler/stalin did - and you absolutely don't see them condemn racist against whites and foreign real fascists - democracy my ass!
    In politics now, even though we are surposed to live in a democracy, you get people trying to make it their business who you vote for, and having a go at you if you don't vote for the same person/party as themselves, it's pathetic.

Rant over - I hope you've found it interesting, but you know the funny thing, I'll get people reply saying that I'm fascist for criticising a political party other than the BNP, racist for saying it is a modern buzz word and islamophobic for saying muslim extremists are bad - and that is my point really.

Good night.

ReputationRep:
    You are short-sighted, irrational and impertinent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by November 11)
    You are short-sighted, irrational and impertinent.
    and the fact that you have 3 warning points in 18 posts suggests that you aren't the most pleasant of people either, thankyou. I doubt you even read my post.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump again.

ReputationRep:
    Free bump, seems to be the dun thing round here.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.