Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Or can you visit the accomodations on another day? Or on the access to Leeds study day?
    Its just i'm having second thoughts about driving all the way there (live over two hours away ) in my S reg ford ka
    And my dad can't take me tomorow but will be able to take me on another Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    please, anyone!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubba.ok)
    Or can you visit the accomodations on another day? Or on the access to Leeds study day?
    Its just i'm having second thoughts about driving all the way there (live over two hours away ) in my S reg ford ka
    And my dad can't take me tomorow but will be able to take me on another Saturday.
    Hey, I attended my post-offer day a short while back. It really depends on what you're doing and how much you know about you're course so far.
    For instance, I've applied for joing honours and the day was useful for me because I got to see how joint honours courses are structured etc.
    It was quite informative but I don't think I missed much the lecturer basically went over what is on the leeds website.
    If you're doing single honours they may take you on a tour of accommodation, and tomorrow is viewing day anyway. AND you will get to meet people on your course too.
    Basically if it is your firm or insurance - GO

ReputationRep:
    yes. it made me realise i really didn't like it and shouldn't firm it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _mariam_)
    Hey, I attended my post-offer day a short while back. It really depends on what you're doing and how much you know about you're course so far.
    For instance, I've applied for joing honours and the day was useful for me because I got to see how joint honours courses are structured etc.
    It was quite informative but I don't think I missed much the lecturer basically went over what is on the leeds website.
    If you're doing single honours they may take you on a tour of accommodation, and tomorrow is viewing day anyway. AND you will get to meet people on your course too.
    Basically if it is your firm or insurance - GO
    Thanks so much for replying! I'm stressing so much here!
    Do you think its possible to look round accomodation on a non-open day, or is that just tomorow?

ReputationRep:
    Have you visited already? If so, I don't see it as being necessary.
    Beneficial, yes, but not necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for replying! I'm stressing so much here!
    Do you think its possible to look round accomodation on a non-open day, or is that just tomorow?
    For looking round accommodations, it might be a bit difficult on a non-open day since there won't be any flats open to look around, although you might be able to contact the uni to arrange this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaeilgeoir)
    Have you visited already? If so, I don't see it as being necessary.
    Beneficial, yes, but not necessary.
    No, i haven't visited it already. But i will visit it at one point i just didn't know whether to risk my car not making it to Leeds to make tomorow or wait untill my dad can take me on a non-open day day.
    Will i just be looking around the accomodation tomorow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    yes. it made me realise i really didn't like it and shouldn't firm it.
    And do you think you would of come to that conclusion on a normal day just looking around the uni/accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    No, i haven't visited it already. But i will visit it at one point i just didn't know whether to risk my car not making it to Leeds to make tomorow or wait untill my dad can take me on a non-open day day.
    I'm not sure. I'm not a Leeds applicant but I was just talking about visiting days in general. If you will go at some stage with your father, don't bother tomorrow. The university will be more than happy to accommodate you whenever suits you.

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is the accommodation open day, so its the only real opportunity to look around all (except a couple of small residences I believe) the accommodation on offer through Leeds Uni. You'll obviously also be able to walk around the city and campus if you want to but it won't be like the kind of open day available for people on your course, where you can look around the facilities that you'll be using. I believe you can contact Leeds directly if you want to look around the facilities used by your course but I doubt you'll get another chance to look around all the accommodation. However, a lot of people from TSR are going and a few have already said they will be taking lots of photos and notes of the places they visit for people who are unable to go, so if you can't make it, keep looking at threads on here and there will probably be a lot of information on the different places. This might not compare to looking around yourself and you run the risk that no one will post information about a hall you're interested in but I'd say it's the second best thing if you can't make it.

ReputationRep:
    It made me realise I'd applied for the wrong course, so definitely worth it for me.

ReputationRep:
    And do you think you would of have come to that conclusion on a normal day just looking around the uni/accomodation?
    *twitch*

Difficult to say - the campus was busy when I went and seeing all the hustle and bustle made me think it wasn't for me. But generally speaking it wasn't as well organised as well as the open days I went to at Hull and the staff just didn't seem interested - like being there was a chore. Just made me think that it wasn't the place for me.

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.