Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i haven't been to a sussex open day yet but i lovedf the sound of the place being all in the countryside. that's right up my street! but after seeing a thread about how people really didn't like it i'm sceptical. comments like 'buildings are rundown' worry me as a pleasant looking area is super important to me.
    however, i have been to UEA and dont really know what to think about it. the buildings are so quirky (quirky good!) and they have a nice lake. the problem is accommodation and prestige. they are the same reputation-wise right?

thoughts or advice anyone?

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to go on www.unistats.com and find out which University has the highest percentage of students graduating with Firsts and 2.1's and review the job prospects of each. Simply type in your course and University to find this out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    i haven't been to a sussex open day yet but i lovedf the sound of the place being all in the countryside. that's right up my street! but after seeing a thread about how people really didn't like it i'm sceptical. comments like 'buildings are rundown' worry me as a pleasant looking area is super important to me.
    however, i have been to UEA and dont really know what to think about it. the buildings are so quirky (quirky good!) and they have a nice lake. the problem is accommodation and prestige. they are the same reputation-wise right?

thoughts or advice anyone?
    UEA has grade listed accommodation and was voted number 1 in the UK for accommodation (and it's really cheap!). The prestige factor depends on your course. I know UEA is prestigious for quite a few courses (Enviro Sci and English with Creative Writing come to mind ) so do some more research and see if your course is one of them.
    I love(d) UEA and intensely disliked Sussex so I'd advice you to visit Sussex to see for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies i'm to UEA again and then sussex in april

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.